“Excellent food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

This was the best Italian restaurant I've been to in a long time and my whole family agreed!

I had a rosé cannoli which was spectacular. My mother had spaghetti, thinking it would be average and she was completely wrong. She said it was by far the best spaghetti she's ever eaten!

This place is clean and well worth the visit!

Reviewed 8 May 2016

Little Italy is a nice restaurant that does what it should, serve Italian food in a sit-down dining experience. Nothing really exceptional, though our service was good. The place to go when it must be Italian when visiting Visalia.

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Not what I expected ! Haven't gone back ! Not a family friendly environment, seem to cater to couples and smaller groups

Reviewed 14 April 2016

I was in Visalia for the evening on business and was in the mood for Italian. I chose Little Italy based on the Trip Advisor reviews. The restaurant is located downtown amid a vast number of independent eateries to choose from. I arrived around 7:00 p.m. on this Tuesday evening and was seated right away. The restaurant is small and quaint; it definitely didn't have that "chain restaurant" look and feel which was a plus. The entire space was dark and the atmosphere and mood among the diners lively. Once seated I was quickly served fresh-baked bread and my server came to my table within a few minutes and took my drink order (a glass of Riesling and a glass of water). My drink order was delivered as I was looking over the menu and the server left again and returned back in minutes to take my entree order. I chose the cup of pasta e fagioli for my soup and the spaghetti bolognese for the entree. The soup was very good! It was chocked full of pasta and navy beans with bacon and was well-seasoned. I could've just had a bigger bowl of the pasta e fagioli with the bread and that would've made a satisfying meal in and of itself. After finishing the soup my plate of spaghetti arrived. It was a generous portion and looked appetizing --I was ready to dig in. The spaghetti bolognese had a rich meat sauce with chunks of tomatoes and flavorful seasonings. My one complaint, and it's a minor one, is that the meat sauce had too much sugar for my taste. Regardless, I didn't eat all the spaghetti and brought half home for a second meal and look forward to eating the leftovers. Would I go back to Little Italy? Yes I would and try another entree on the menu (hopefully one that's not laden with sugar). Overall, the dining experience was a pleasant one.

Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

Disappointing dinner last night at Little Italy.....was so looking forward to our date night but when we got there we were placed next to a very large party at a tiny table in the middle of the room by the street. I asked the owner to move us to a table that looked quieter and was told by the owner, "that's a table for 4" and would not move us. We could not even hear the waitress when she came to take our order, we could not speak to each other because of the noise. Then I see the owner put TWO people at the table I asked for. They were not even there ten minutes, after looking at the menu they left. That table sat empty the whole time we were there. It's there loss, normally we have a cocktail, wine, and share a dessert. We instead had water, ate dinner, and got the hell out of there. We have too many options for date night, we won't be back to Little Italy......cm

Been to Little Italy? Share your experiences!