“Consistently Delicious Persian Food”
Review of Alborz Resraurant

Alborz Resraurant
Ranked #87 of 315 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Cuisines: Persian
Reviewed 5 December 2015

My family and I visited this location for lunch and loved the decor. The menu offers quite a few choices and the wait staff will be happy to explain what comes with each dish if you have any questions. All appetizers are divine from "Sabzi" (herbs/feta/walnut/bread) to "mast musir" (Shallots/greek yogurt) to "Kashk Bademjan" (fried eggplants/onions with yogurt sauce). For entree, we ordered bone-in cornish hen kabab with rice and grilled tomatoes-so delicious!
I promise you after your first visit, you will be back again and again!

Reviewed 25 August 2015

Majority of Persian dishes taste their best when you have them with rice. This place offers a variety of stews (with a few choices for vegetarians)- stews are mostly served and eaten with place rice. I like the Sultani Kabob which is a combination of Beef Kabob and Koubided (minced meat on a skewer) - please use Sumak ( a maroon color powder- in a shaker at all tables). Bon appetite.

Reviewed 31 July 2015

Although I have limited experience with Persian food, I've come here twice at the invitation of a good friend with a Persian family, so presmably this is a good example of good Persian food. I am particularly fond of the eggplant appetizer and of the koobideh kabob. Chicken koobideh was not available on the night that we visited, so I was disappointed to miss trying that, but maybe this just gives a good excuse to go again.

Reviewed 15 June 2015 via mobile

The first time I have tried Persian good. I am now a fan. Wife and I visited the Walnut Creek location. Very nice atmosphere and pleasant service. I had the house soup (can't remember or spell the name). I loved it, but I am a soup fan. I have the tasty and tender shishkabob ! Wife had the beet salad and FESENJOON! FESENJOON is w wonderfully yummy dish. Freshly crushed walnuts simmered in pomegranate sauce with chicken - worth the visit - will definetly have it again. I will visit Alborz again.

Reviewed 9 October 2014

This is a pretty good restaurant. The atmosphere is excellent. The food was good but you can get good Persian food at other restaurants in Tri-Valley area for lower prices. The service was a bit disappointing and somewhat slow. The biggest disappointment was the side dishes. Persian food usually comes with a plate of green veggies, bread, and onions. What we got was a couple of pieces of butter and a spoonful of onion shavings. This is unacceptable. Given the price they charge for the food I think they should be able to splurge and provide the customer with a bit of mint, cilantro, a couple of pieces of radish and a quarter wedge of onion. I would have given them an excellent rating if it wasn't for this ridiculous bit of cheapness.