“Good Food for a Neophyte to Persian Food”
Review of Alborz Resraurant

Alborz Resraurant
Ranked #142 of 302 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Cuisines: Persian
Reviewed 19 July 2016

This restaurant has been at this location for seven years, having taken over the Chinese restaurant that was here. They redecorated it and it looks nicer and more elegant than what it was. I came here for lunch and had the chicken kabob with rice that had cranberries (I think). Accompanied by a salad, it made for a lunch light and filling lunch. The service was good and the food came out without a long wait. I especially appreciated how, when leaving, the manager (owner?) made it a point to stop what he was doing and greet us and thank us for coming.

Reviewed 27 February 2016

the food is always great whenever I go there, service is also great.
no matter if you have reservations or not you are seated an a short time

Reviewed 21 January 2016

Alborz is our go-to restaurant on special occasions, from Valentine's Day to New Year's Eve. We tend to order kebab entrees, but there are plenty of other delicious items on the menu along with an extensive wine list. Portions are generous and the wait staff is attentive and professional. The indoor dining area, enclosed terrace, and lounge are large enough to accommodate parties yet allow couples and small groups plenty of space to enjoy legible conversations.

Reviewed 5 December 2015

My family and I visited this location for lunch and loved the decor. The menu offers quite a few choices and the wait staff will be happy to explain what comes with each dish if you have any questions. All appetizers are divine from "Sabzi" (herbs/feta/walnut/bread) to "mast musir" (Shallots/greek yogurt) to "Kashk Bademjan" (fried eggplants/onions with yogurt sauce). For entree, we ordered bone-in cornish hen kabab with rice and grilled tomatoes-so delicious!
I promise you after your first visit, you will be back again and again!

Reviewed 25 August 2015

Majority of Persian dishes taste their best when you have them with rice. This place offers a variety of stews (with a few choices for vegetarians)- stews are mostly served and eaten with place rice. I like the Sultani Kabob which is a combination of Beef Kabob and Koubided (minced meat on a skewer) - please use Sumak ( a maroon color powder- in a shaker at all tables). Bon appetite.