“Good food and service !”

Silk Road Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 307 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Had another great experience at the Silk Road . The friendly service from the moment you step inside their doors sets the tone. Our greeter/server Aberto Gabino makes you feel welcome immediately . We started with a appetizer rhe Combination Platter with four different selections( dolmas, hummus, tabbouleh & babaghanoosh) that could have satisfied 4 people served with their special bread. Just use your bread as your utensil . The fall off the bone lamb shank was so deilicious with great mashotatoes and fresh veggies served with a great sauce reduction. The rack of lamb was wonderful , cooked perfectly as asked , also served with those great mashed potatoes and veggies. Very generous servings . We sat at a table for two but having a bottle of wine Gabino placed two tables together to accomodate our wine cooler . I was having trouble with my iphone and the owners brother solved my problem , thank you . I don't know his name but was very friendly , actually on each of my visits the owners have been extremely kind and gracious. They go out of their way to make you feel like you are visiting their home for dinner. Our dessert was delicious baklava ( 2 pieces) , i was full but my dining companion ate one and we decided to take one piece home and when Gabino returned with a takeout box he had placed an additional baklava in . This is excepional service that comes from owners who place customers first . Besides they have a "all day" happy hour . Who does that !!! They have great cocktails and a happy hour menu ! We definitely look forward to future visits !

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

This resturant has the best food for all. Their staff super friendly and nice.
I go there for business lunch as well go with family at night.
I also use them for my catering events.

I recommend them to all friends and family.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I would recommend this restaurant for casual dinners. The appetizers menue includes ground beef kebab roll ups, chicken breast kebab, babaganoush, and hummus. The freshly made round bread is delicious. Drinks are watered down but what do you expect for $5!
This place is cramped for groups larger than 6 and service can be slow on weekends. Those of you who don't like your food nuked, skip the chicken kebab appetizer.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Visited this restaurant because we wanted Mediterranean food and this restaurant was recommended. They have a all day happy hour and drinks are just $5 . They bring you a plate of flat bread with a dipping sauce that is very very good. I could have made a meal out if that alone. . We started with a appetizer combination platter of hummus , babaghanoosh and tabbouleh and stuffed grape leaves. Very good ! The filet steak kabob had flavor but was kinda dry and the basmati rice was also dry and not much flavor . Another dish the baked trout fared much better and nice flavors . The desserts are a little on the sweet side, but my companion liked his. The service is very good and has warm personal touch . I will go back and try something new!

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

We had a pleasant lunch on the patio. They are very generous with their pita bread and the dipping sauce is delicious. I could drink it! The gyro I ordered was enormous and really tasty. My husband wasn't as happy with the kabobs he ordered. Their humus is delicious. All in all a good value and the people are really nice.