Montrose West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$281
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$250/night.

Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$332
US$247
  • Restaurant
Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$242
  • Restaurant
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$210
Official Website
US$399
  • Breakfast included
The Charlie(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$300
Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$316
Sunset Marquis(West Hollywood)
US$528
US$415
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$272
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsstandard westpool areasunset stripcool placegreat barearly checkthird floorchateau marmontdinerhollywoodjonvibepoolsideminibarwehonightlife
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

The standard in Hollywood transforms a former retirement home into a bastion for the creative class. One of my favorite parts about this hotel is it’s ability to create a cool vibe and welcome a diversity of guests of all ages into its events and rooms.

My pool view room was perfect to enjoy the daytime pool parties as well as incredible music. My stay is always comfortable and they do a great job taking care of their guests.

I highly suggest checking out the standard in Hollywood!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
StandardManager, Public Relations Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

akalfayan

Thank you for an AMAZING review!! We just love it when people get us and understand us!! I look like you are our perfect match because you understand our culture to the core!. We can't wait to have you here again.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

I have been staying at the Standard in Weho on and off again for the last few years. The hotel may not be the epitome of cool that it once was, but if i'm honest that kind of brought it full circle and made it cool again. Like a friend who was always trying super hard and then one day stopped and just did there thing. You respect it for what it has been but enjoy it more for what it is now. From the semi raging party's at the pool (lot of very large very shirtless men). To a movie night where they turn the lounge into a theater and played Juno ( I was handed a box of orange tic tacs upon sitting down) It has a fun chill vibe that cant be found anywhere else on the strip. I have stayed at the Mondrian, the Andaz, The Jeremy, and the Sunset tower. Where those hotels maybe edge past the Standard the Standard more then makes up for in customer service. The entire staff is extremely helpful and awesome. It is LA so they are all waaaay more beautiful then they should be but don't let that fool you. They are all really kind, fun and friendly. Kelly who works at the front desk helped me with everything from dinner recs to tourist things I should check out during my stay. Aaron, Devon and Meaghan in the restaurant always welcomed me in the morning with a coffee, a smile and a joke and honestly the jokes were pretty funny. All in all after staying pretty much everywhere else on the strip I cant say id rather be anywhere else than the Standard as it is now. Thanks for the great stay. Keep up the good work.
Best - Sean

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank seanforceone
StandardManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Sean,
Thank you for the shout out!! We are so happy to know that you had a great stay and the team looked after you well. I will be sure to share your kind words with the entire team, especially Aaron, Meaghan, Kelley and Devon whose names you mentioned. They are an amazing part of our team and we are fortunately to have them.

Again thank you and please feel free to reach out if you should need anything all at. Come back and visit us again soon.

Your Standard Family awaits!

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here over the weekend, firstly they didn’t have our reservation. The guy at the desk just told us it wasn’t there... no help at all even though I had a confirmation email from Booking.com for $650 stay - the receptionist told us we’d have to book with him at he desk for $850!! After calling Booking.com direct, they then phoned the standard and got us booked into a room. 30 minutes of waiting and no apology.

We were out into room 217 (probably worst room in the whole hotel; right above reception, right opposite the elevators, plugs not working and no balcony). It’s as if we were put in this room as a punishment - the receptionist said he’s overbooked and told us someone checking in later would get an upgrade... not us! We were so tired that we decided to try and get this sorted the following day - which it was, really lovely guy (manager?) so apologetic and changed our room. Great service!

Following evening, after the nightclub security trying to deny us entry to the elevators, some girl on the door swore at us... she was a manager named Mary! The guy on reception was in disbelief. I was so shocked.

On checkout the front house manager couldn’t have been more helpful and apologetic.

I was super excited to stay here, the hotel itself is so cool, rooms are very retro LA and I love the 60s vibe and light airy ness of the decor. The management (except that vile Mary) were absolutely incredible and should really think about training for basic customer service to some other desk staff.

I would return - and hopefully I just had some seriously bad run of luck at this place

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank G90_edin
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

The Standard is right on Sunset Blvd in a nice section of W Hollywood. It’s not luxurious or fancy....but that’s OK because it very hip, young, snazzy and a cool place to stay. My room was clean and comfortable but lacked some of the modern amenities of today’s business hotels. For instance, I had to get on my hands and knees and go under the desk/counter to plug in my phone. Only other outlet was in the bathroom. TV is kinda small too. My room was super quiet overlooking the dog park.
All that aside, I loved staying here. The staff is very professional and helpful. Valet parking was expensive but quick every time....even at 5 in the morning.
Starbucks right across the street.
I’d really like to stay here again sometime when I’m not working and can enjoy the pool and bar.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank GatorBearBob
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

The standard really lived up to its name... I was really impressed from start to finish.

Upon arriving early I was greeted by welcoming staff who speeded up the housekeeping and had me an early check in. I spent the majority of the trip by the pool to soak up the glorious weather, and the service here was superb, kudos to my super friendly server who kept my supplies of food, peroni’s and G&T’s flowing, he alone was worth the 5 star review ;)

The room was comfortable, clean and supplied with a cool iPod connector, plus a super generous (of course not free) mini bar.

As for the noise... there was nothing during my stay, maybe due to my midweek trip, however there was a good buzz to the hotel and I would recommend for future stays. Infact I’m looking forward to my next visit.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
StandardManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hi Matt,

Looks like we have found our perfect match in you! Thank you so much for the shout out. We are very lucky to have such a wonderful and vibrant team to look after our guests from arrival to departure. To us, It's all personal and we aim to create connections and relationships that are long term. I will be sure to share your kind words with our staff. Your comment is an important reminder as to why we do what we do - the way we do it. Hope to see you again soon!!