1,039 results
All reviews thousand oaks brent's deli front desk nice hotel family wedding fire pit comfortable rooms hot tub self parking easy access free parking lobby freeway malibu bellman valet convention
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We spent the weekend in a California Suite which was spacious, quiet, clean, and equipped with all the usual amenities. In particular, the bed was extremely comfortable and the Keurig coffee maker with a good supply of pods was a huge improvement over the more commonly seen, less efficient and possibly less expensive, pod or sachet in-room coffee makers. On arrival greeting at the front desk was friendly and our experience throughout was of a friendly staff who invariably greeted one with a smile upon meeting. A real issue was the staffing level and balance among departments. While there were three staff chatting amiably at the front desk when we arrived, there was then, and subsequently invariably, no valet or bell man at the front. I got used to just leaving the car and handing the keys to the front desk clerk. Retrieving the car involved getting the front desk to page an employee. It turned out that one employee doubled as a valet and bellman and had other tasks. Similarly, on the Saturday night there was a bartender but no cocktail server, although there was a supervisor standing chatting to the barman even while he was mixing drinks. The barman could not give good service and the supervisor apparently did nothing to help. Breakfast was a nice service of well presented food with adequate staffing, possibly even over staffing for the number of guest present. So, while the property and its decor matched Hyatt Regency standards, the level of service did not; apparently because of poor management with unbalanced or inadequate staffing, not because of lack of effort on the part of the staff.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 22club58
HotelRep_11, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you for the review. We will be looking at our staffing levels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I had reserved 3 rooms for a memorial for my brother in law who when to be with the Lord. Times were tough. From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were impressed with the cleanliness and spaciousness. Imagine our relief when the staff was just as impressive. I always try to be personal with whom I am engaged. It is my nature as I am in the insurance industry. I like to know names and enjoy conversations. Kurt checked us in and my first impression was set. Wonderful, he took time with us, cared about our loss and I suppose let everyone know as we were treated like kings. He took the time to inform us of the amenities of the hotel and issued me the first room. It was early in the day and I need to eat. Dave personally brought up a menu as I could not find the one in the room, of course it was there, and I was embarrassed. He told me not to worry and with a smile said, “that is what we do here at the Hyatt Westlake”. I was happy I chose this hotel. Service what a concept! I thought to myself, this is the way to do things right? Then my food was delivered again by Dave with a smile. It was excellent, hot and presented beautifully with all the accoutrements!!! He even brought extra tea... I had some questions and requests that were menial. Alex the hotel manager saw to them personally. I received calls when my other guest arrives, again giving me peace. Less to worry about is a good thing. At every turn the staff was smiling and addressing us with the want to serve. Alex took care of every need, his staff went to him without reservation and he was always there. I know that everything starts with management. A great manager is seen in his staff. They way the staff acted you could tell they liked what they were doing and the support they were given. Little things were important. I guess what I am trying to say is thank you.
I want to praise Alex and his staff for making a tough time so much better. It is refreshing to have received such great customer service. So many times, customer service is lacking. Rarely do you find comfort and people who take the time to care.
I will be using Hyatt hotels in the future. I don’t travel as much as I would like anymore. But I know class and greatness when I see it. Alex and his staff treated me the way I treat my clients. I have a great book of business; my clients are like family. We do many things together and they look to me for referrals for many things. Know the stay with Alex and his staff made me a customer for life. I will stay at and recommend Hyatt Hotels.

Billy

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for such a kind review. We are sorry for your loss but are so pleased we were able to help in this difficult time. We will pass along these kind words to the entire staff.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Good hotel, nice rooms. Free self parking. Mine even had a balcony. unfortunately fir-pit outside area by bar was closed but it looked nice. Generous Happy Hour from 4 to 7pm. Good Uber and Lyft service all the way out in the Agoura hills. many nice bars and restaurants near by. Nice part of the world. Supermarket just a short walk. Very convenient for Mulholland drive for the Rock Store and The Old Place.

Room Tip: 4th floor and balcony is best
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
HotelRep_11, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you for the kind review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

This is a great hotel, but I needed to get some laundry done urgently, and I was informed that there was no laundry services on Sunday. I just wish that I knew before because there is no reference of that on their website.
Hoping that the hotel improves their guest services soon.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
HotelRep_11, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are sorry to hear about your challenges with the laundrey service we will evaluate futire options for sunday service. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Staff unbelievably helpful, kind and caring. Bartenders are outgoing, very congenial and their recommendations are absolutely great. Hotel accommodations are above average but overall the highly attentive professional staff is fantastic.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HotelRep_11, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thank you so much for the great review. We will pass along these kind workds to our staff. We hope to see you again soon!