“Best Mexican Buffet Lunch for the Price”
Review of El Torito

El Torito
Ranked #14 of 292 Restaurants in Westminster
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 September 2016

On the El Torito mailing list, I was offered a 2-for-1 meal coupon. We happened to drive by this restaurant and decided to stop for a quick lunch. They have a Mexican lunch buffet for a very reasonable price. The price was unbelievable with the coupon. The buffet lunch was very good. It included all the typical Mexican food selections, good soup, salad, a good variety of entrée selections, such as enchiladas, grilled chicken, lightly battered fish fillets, grounded beef, cooked vegetable and Spanish rice, and some desserts. The food tasted very good, especially the grilled chicken. All the typical Mexican condiments, such as salsa, hot & mild, were also included. All in all, it was a very complete buffet. We will definitely come back, with or without the coupon.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

Returned to El Torito after a long absence. The food is still spectacular at this location and the menu has been updated with great new items while preserving the old.

The only issue we had was that as the restaurant became more and more crowded our once overbearing server became absent. Once again this is a restaurant that is run by management who believe that one server with 8 tables is better then 2 servers with 4 tables each. Little do they know that they will provide better service and turn tables quicker and so the extra salaried employee is TOTALLY worth it. The server didn't even pre-bus before our dessert arrived. We were left to eat the desert with all our dinner plates still sitting on the table!

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Great food and service. Jose is the best waiter and always remembers us when we come in!!! Love the atmosphere!

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Love coming here whether its for dinner or there Taco Tuesdays $2 which are wonderful. They have Carnitas, Steak, and chicken as choices. Food here is amazing I have also been coming here for about 10 years and service as well as food has always been lovely. Must have this.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have been going to El Torito Westminster brunches for over 10 years. They had a brunch on Saturday from 9am to noon and an expanded Sunday 9am to 2pm. The reason I kept going there was for their Menudo. Menudo is one of those dishes that varies from chef to chef. But this El Torito had a chef that made menudo that I really liked. I would go to Saturday brunch because it was less expensive with a more limited menu. They stopped the Saturday and continued with the Sunday. The waiter I had who knew me and what I drank for breakfast was gone, and the menudo has changed. The price of Sunday brunch has increase to a point that it is not worth the price. So I say adios to El Torito. The food is good but not worth the $18 they want.

1  Thank mrkfish