“Great place to stop on I-5 Roadtrip”

Best Western Miner's Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Driving from the Bay Area north to Portland Area it was exactly half way at 5 hrs with 5 more to go and right off I-5. Flew through a fast, friendly check-in (as well as check-out) Room was very clean, quiet, and I appreciated that A/C was on when walking into room from a hot, smokey trip. (Lots of wildfires across state). I had a King Room on Creek side lower level. Room had a slider patio door to a lawn area with picnic tables and apparently was an area for pets. Fridge, coffee maker, and microwave in room.
Breakfast was a step above a standard motel breakfast. Hot offerings included waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy as well as the usual pastries and Fruit juice. Coffee of course, that was above the usual cheap liquid concentrated stuff many try to get away with. Kudos on the Farmer Brothers Coffee in breakfast room, a solid brand.
There are two family restaurants right there as well for dining. One on property, and another across the street from it.
Would I stay here again or recommend? Yes

Stayed: September 2017
geibbrandis, General Manager at Best Western Miner's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Excellent place: rooms were beautiful and clean, very nice decor and very comfortable. Breakfast was good and included with the cost. Management was very accommodating. Pool was very clean and the kids loved it here. We will stay here again!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Our room was huge enough for a large party. The beds comfortable and despite how busy the hotel was they were quite quiet. Yreka is a lovely little town and I would highly recommend Strings Italian restaurant for dinner. Very easy access to I5 so great for a night while travelling.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

This hotel was easy to find and close to many things. The staff was great, the rooms were nice and clean for the most part. We were put in a pet friendly room and that was the down fall. I smelled like a pet store, however I did not want to complain or ask to change rooms. We just made the best of it.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I have stayed in Yreka CA two other times when traveling between Portland OR and Monterey CA and was very disappointed. I was extremely pleased to find the Best Western - the room was clean and appeared to have been recently remodeled and the staff was very friendly. I have already booked a room for my return home stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo