“Great food”
Review of Chen's Chinese Restaurant - CLOSED

Chen's Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

I just had beef curry for lunch from this restaurant and it was great! The egg rolls were good too. Very friendly service as we'll. I'll be back.

1  Thank Jason R

Reviewed 13 March 2013

I decided to eat here based on the reviews. I ordered to go. The food was very good, ingredients quality good as well. Staff was helpful. Small restaurant simply decorated. But hard to find even though its on the main road. Yucca Valley has so much eye clutter along hwy 64 its a challenge to find and react anything. Chen's is just east of Joshua Lane on the south side of a frontage street along the highway, west of the Star gas station.

1  Thank DAuntDeb
Reviewed 19 February 2013

After living in Richmond, VA for too many years and then moving to SC and then VT I am now back "home" in Richmond! I ordered Chen's because, after unpacking all day, I am too tired and lazy to go foraging for food. Ordered the Spicy Dumplings, side of Garlic Broccoli, and Garlic Shrimp and it was delivered about 40 min. later. And it was the best Chinese food I have had in a very long time! Maybe ever. Just enough spice (I asked them to make it spicy) and I think a hint of cinnamon. I hesitated to order Chinese delivery because in my experience it has usually been watery, bland and mushy "food".

But next time I want Chinese, I will definitely call Chen's again!

2  Thank WildTofu
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I typically avoid any chinese restaurant....only because the ones I have been to have all been in small towns and they are normally dirty....so I avoided Chen's for years......I WAS MISSING OUT!!! They are my new FAVORITE restaurant. I could eat there everyday. Everything they make tastes fresh and you can actually hear them cooking up your individual order in the back....IYou don't get a humongous mound of food for $5 but it's a perfect size meal for about $6-$8.....I'm ordering Chens to go right now as a matter of fact....Their egg rolls are long..sooooo good. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

2  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

So I am spending the weekend hiking in Joshua Tree and needed something to replenish me. This place does to go orders but doesn't feel like a to go place. There were about 20 people dining in and the place is nice enough and best of all, no buffet. The young woman who took my order was nice, and she was working hard tonight- don't know if every night is this busy for her. Traditional Asian decorations. Would come here again if I lived here!

1  Thank Cybermirth