All reviewsbreakfast burritogreen chilithe rivercanyonhiking
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Not worth the money for one of their "rustic" cabins. When they say kitchen area for the rustics they mean just a stove and a microwave. No water which means you either have to go to the store and buy water (everything in that store is overpriced), or you have to make treks to the public bathroom to refill water bottles. Public bathroom was filthy and doesn't have doors to shower stalls just flimsy plastic curtains if that's an issue for someone. Fire pits had trash and cigarette butts everywhere and furniture was either broken or filthy. Inside the cabin the only appliances that work are the refrigerator and microwave. Told the staff about the DVD player not working, nothing done. Staff are consistently rude on the phone, and in person. Do yourself a favor and don't pay for this dump. Right next door are a series of rustic cabins for half the price with twice the room, amenities that actually work, running water and friendly/helpful staff.

Room Tip: Any room that isn't at Glen Echo is probably good.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank abailey1986
Reviewed 26 October 2017

We didn't stay this time but the cabins look great. We DID eat and their burgers are everything you want-juicy, toasted bun, flavorful meat and all the sides. Definitely on our top 20 burger places. The end.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

The restaurant offers a variety of menu items for such a small place; it has charming decor and a friendly staff. Menu prices are fair for what you get. My husband said it was probably the best chicken-fried steak he has had.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sambob7453
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

20 years ago (!?!?) an amazing group of people studied aboard in Belize as a field studies program. We decided to reunion at Glen Echo and it was a blast! Perfect for kids with camping & cabin options.

We rented on the "island" in the river and I was lulled to sleep every night by the roaring river sound. Nearby Dads Gulch was a perfect family hiking option. Kids could play at playground, play ball, or explore and parents could reminisce without worry about them.

I do wish there was recycling available (lots of beer cans to haul back for some!!) and the gift shop is expensive, so don't forget your stocked coolers!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Crossfityogini
Reviewed 27 June 2017

I stayed in cabin 10. I felt that 120 a night was outrageous. The refrigerator sounded like a motor boat making it close to impossible to sleep. The screens were nailed onto the windows and didn't fit so you weren't able to open the windows to get fresh air or hear the river. Since the 'cabin' was not air conditioned ( which I didn't expect) I wanted fresh air. The furniture and patio were so dirty that I had to clean them off and sweep before I could use them. Even then, with all the cob webs around, I didn't feel comfortable using them. Every time i sat on the couch, i fell into the back because the pull out couch was broken so there was no support. The screen on the sliding door to the patio was only half on and wouldn't go back on. Rustic does not mean dirty and broken. The restaurant was OK and I was always surprised at how busy it was. I came here to see family, which is the only reason I would stay here again. I have paid way less to stay places and enjoyed my accommodations better.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family