“Lousy food and service ”

Rueben's Burger Bistro
Ranked #312 of 584 Restaurants in Boulder
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I ordered a burger VERY well done, no pink. It arrived and was very pink. It took a long time for the waitress to return; my friend was nearly half finished with her food by the time she checked on our order. She grabbed my burger off my plate with her bare hand to return it to the kitchen. It was returned to me a few minutes later; the same burger. It was still very undercooked. The waitress offered to take it back a second time but by then I was too grossed out to eat it anymore. The waitress then said she'd bring me my check. What the heck? I told her I wasn't paying for anything. She replied she'd have to talk to the manager. The charges were dropped. I would never go back there again.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I really wanted to like this place, but it seemed like they just didn't want to excel. First - the good. The service was just fine, the menu was pleasantly different, and there was an extensive selection of beers. However, the burgers were slightly underdone. They gave me a paltry serving of fries. My wife's serving of sweet potato fries was twice the size of mine. To offset the discrepancy, at least mine were served hot - hers were lukewarm.

All in all, this place has the potential to be a fine little bistro, but it only warrants 3 stars because their attention to detail could be improved.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Absolutely terrible in all respects. Bad service, way too loud, bad food, super long wait. Don't do it!

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Went here with our family of five on a Tuesday evening around 6:30. Not crowded. My kids were tired and I was at my wits end. Kids were disappointed that the restaurant was out of kids menus as they've come to have high expectations of kids menus in Boulder! The meal was delicious. The wait staff was very nice and helpful. I had the Phinney burger and my husband had the Training Wheels. He said it has to be the best burger in Boulder! Kids enjoyed their food- the fries were SO good. I had a small Caesar - the addition of pumpkin seeds is a really welcome texture. Oh and the small veggie plate brought out to the kids before their meal- why haven't more restaurants thought of that?! Thank you!! One thing- wish the T-shirts included more of the cycling theme. We chose this restaurant because of its cycling affiliations/theme.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

The burgers were very tasty and the staff were very friendly. Excellent food and service. Definitely worth a visit for the best burgers in Boulder!