“Thai for lunch - Very good!”

Bangkok Happy Bowl Thai Bistro and Sushi Bar
Ranked #65 of 136 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Description: Bangkok Happy Bowl is bringing fresh, authentic Thai cuisine to Breckenridge, CO. Enjoy our flavorful dishes from our rooftop patio as you look out at breathtaking views of the peaks. Our Thai chefs boast 25 years of experience and serve up traditional dishes with quality that's unlike anything you've experienced before. Whether you're craving pad thai or homemade curry puffs, you'll find an option that really hits the spot. Want to enjoy our menu without leaving home? Well, you're in luck because you can get our food delivered.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Lynn and I recently had lunch at Bangkok Happy Bowl. Lynn had been there before. It was my first time. Josephine, our server did a good job. Lynn ordered a Philadelphia roll ($10.95) which had 5 nice pieces. It’s her favorite sushi. I had the Hawaiian Poke Salad ($14.95) which had crab, yellowtail and salmon. It was really good. A nice place for a reasonable Asian lunch - hard to find.

Date of visit: February 2021
KirkC782, Owner at Bangkok Happy Bowl Thai Bistro and Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review! We're happy to hear you both enjoyed your rolls and your experience dining with us. We appreciate the support and kind words and we'll look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Cheers!

Write a reviewReviews (224)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited last night. Over an hour wait for food. In a freezing restaurant. Ending up leaving. We took the food as a carry out in the end and it was very small portions and expensive.

1  Thank Paul_C_Houston
KirkC782, Owner at Bangkok Happy Bowl Thai Bistro and Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Paul,

I wanted to reach out to you directly regarding your recent review. I'm sincerely disappointed and sorry to hear this was your experience, as we implore our team to provide top-notch service, even on busier nights. That said, we do use all reviews as feedback for improvement, so your comments will not go unnoticed. I'm truly sorry your experience with us was anything less than excellent, and I do hope we have the opportunity to earn your positive sentiments in the future!

Take care.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We are going through a hard time, Covid has hit really hard a lot of industries and one of the most affected have been the restaurants
Some restaurants have been able to adapt by receiving you in a clean/secure space, taking reservations, having quality food and giving a good service
They don’t take reservations and the reception is a mess
Te restaurant is clean and secure but could do a better job
The food is AMAZING I went two consecutive days
The service is good but be very careful with the check
It includes a 20% tip and the suggest you give more
The first day I payed the 20% plus another 15% I didn’t check it BIG MISTAKE (I noticed after my second visit)
The second day I saw it and I decided only to give them 15% I asked for some change, the waiter came back with the change and told me I had paid incorrectly and gave me the amount considering the 20% tip
I didn’t discus with the waiter but I did go to the manager, he was polite and offered me to give me back the two extra dollars which I declined because it wasn’t about the money it was the abuse of trust by charging the tip they want on a table for two people

1  Thank yairk2015

Yair,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a detailed review and feedback. We're happy to hear you truly enjoyed our food, so much so that you came back for a second day! That is a great compliment to our chefs and team and I'll be sure to pass that along. That said, I'm sorry to hear about the miscommunication with your checks. I'll be connecting with my staff to ensure confusion like that doesn't happen in the future. I do hope with our continued improvement, you'll stop by again and we'll have the opportunity to really win you over! Take care!

Reviewed 9 January 2021 via mobile

Ordered online through messenger, paid online, then a message comes that the food is going to take 120 min! Tried calling-solid busy signal. Send a message online "thanks for your feedback" is all I got. Showed up 2 hours later to find out it had been sitting there for an hour! I complain (I was angry), host tells me to get the f out. Great place! Never again, I would rather not eat thai food than give them my money.

Date of visit: January 2021
KirkC782, Owner at Bangkok Happy Bowl Thai Bistro and Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2021

Rich,

I wanted to reach out to you personally regarding your recent review. I'm incredibly disappointed to read this was your experience with us. Please know, we are always using reviews as feedback to help us improve, and your review is certainly no exception. I am currently abroad dealing with a family emergency, but that lack of service and rudeness is unacceptable and I will be bringing your comments to the attention of my staff to reaffirm proper service standards. That said, should you change your mind, I do hope we have the opportunity to earn your positive sentiments in the future!

Take care.

Reviewed 31 December 2020

I would normally lower my rating due to the insanely inept management of this place but the food is really really good. This could very well be the most poorly managed and poorly organized restaurant I have ever eaten at but that aside, I still go there on a fairly routine basis. The curry chicken panang is very spicy but delicious.

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank kenkarger
KirkC782, Owner at Bangkok Happy Bowl Thai Bistro and Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2020

Ken,

Thank you for the 5-stars and candid feedback. While I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed our fantastic food offerings, I'm sorry to hear our management and service fell short. Please know, we use all reviews as feedback for improvement, so your comments will not go unnoticed and I will be following up with my staff to adjust and reaffirm our standards. That said, I do hope we have the opportunity to really win you over in the future!

Wishing you all the best!