All reviews third floor main street hot tub private balcony ski hill road mini fridge and microwave ski storage room the cool mountain air open windows common room room key room rate bed and breakfast the free shuttle bus off season beautiful room a wonderful stay
Reviewed 1 October 2018

I really liked this place. It is a beautiful hotel with nice rooms, a good location, a lovely hot tub that made me feel human after a long hike.

I booked through their website online and chose this hotel because it was $25 or so cheaper than another one that I also liked. I arrived at 6:30pm and found an envelope with my name taped to the door. It had a bill inside and a note which asked me to sign the bill. The bill included an additional $20 for incidentals, which on a different line was called a cleaning fee. There were two places to sign, one for the original charge, which I signed, and one for the new $20, which I did NOT sign, but crossed it out and wrote that I did not accept the charge. Skiway Lodge billed me for it anyway. My credit card reimbursed me, but apparently Skiway got the money.

I had also called before I booked, with a question about the beds, but no one called me back and I booked online. Later I was a little worried they were closed for the season and no one had shut down the booking page on the website. I am glad that was not the case.

Room Tip: 10 a suite & very nice in off season but it may feel too close to the hot-tub and the ski storage if you are sensitive to noise.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank caryatidbiz
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Rooms were so quaint and cozy with a fireplace and reasonable amenities. It is an older location that I found charming and inviting. The lot is treed and balcony had partial shade. No AC but the open windows let the cool mountain air in and I slept like a baby. The loung areas were nice and cozy too. Didn’t use the hot tub but would have if we had time. I ddidnt need glitzy accommodations or a concierge to plan my weekend so this was perfect!, and much much nicer than a “bargain motel”!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I hope people rate this hotel according to its advertised rating. This is a much nicer place than 2.5 stars suggest. It feels like a fun bed and breakfast place. We loved it. The hot tubs were great as well as the amenities. Wish they had a front desk person all the time. Great location.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2018

My husband and I have visited the town of Breckenridge many times and this is the first time we've stayed at this hotel. The $99 price point sold me immediately! This is far below any other hotels in the area which is fantastic. However, with the lower price came a few things that need to pointed out. Both my husband and I tried calling multiple times and no one ever answered; couldn't even leave a voicemail which was very frustrating. We were driving up from Denver and the drive was taking longer than anticipated and wanted to confirm that someone would be there to get us checked in to our room. Not only was there no one at the front desk when we arrived shortly after 6pm, but our check in info and room keys were in a manila envelope taped to the front door. This seemed a little odd to us. In the two night we were there, not once did we see any kind of hotel attendant other than the lone maintenance worker. The room itself was very nice all in all. We had room #2 which was one of the queen suites on the third floor. The screen sliding door kept getting caught and it was hard to get in and out of our balcony door. Also the toilet wasn't flushing properly which meant in just kept running and running. Very easy fixes, but there was no one around to talk to regarding these things. All of these things aside, the location to Main Street was great! We were able to easily walk everywhere! Being on Ski Hill Road there was quite a bit of constant traffic, but nothing our white noise machine couldn't drown out. All in all this was a nice place to stay, but wouldn't jump to recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kbenofsky
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

What a lovely boutique hotel. All the rooms are different and they all are very clean, cozy and
comfortable. The furniture is high quality.
It’s a short walking distance from Main Street where all the “action” is.
You can walk out the back and go for a mountain hike. Beautiful!
The price of the rooms are very affordable.
You can’t go wrong booking a room at Skiway Lodge.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple