“Best Mex restaurant in Colorado”
Review of La Placita Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Placita Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have eaten at many many mex places, but this is the best. It is good for couples, families, everyone.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Started eating there when it was called El Nopilitos and was doing business on North Main, across the street from Val's...equally awesome but no longer there. This was in the late 50's and early 60's. Back then my cousins from Vancouver, BC visited had dinner with us and at "El Nops" and he food had them crying from the unfamiliar spiciness. We Colorado kids gobbled it up and laughed at the lightweights...and we loved the spicy stuff.

A few years later El Nopilito moved up to its current location on East Bridge. The bigger dining room was a good move and kept the locals hooked up with good north New Mexico offerings. I don't remember exactly when El Nopilito became La Placita but in high school after every football or basketball game in the late 60's "La Plaz" was where everyone headed. The burritos, tacos and enchiladas rolled out rapidly and the kids eat it up.

Continued eating there as long as I live in Brighton, but in 1980 moved out of town. What a loss. Last September a group of us had spent a week dove hunting south of Ft. Morgan. As we drove home we got hungry at mid-day and I asked my fellow hunters if they wanted one of the best Mexican meals they had ever had. All said OK, skeptically, and we slid down off of I76 to La Placita. After the chip and salsa, and after the sumptuous feast, all sincerely said, "That was one of the best Mexican meals ever...ever...ever.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Poor service gross food & the manager is a #@*#@!!! STAY AWAY SAVE YOUR MONEY our 8 year old came home and asked for a tums after we had two! He said he keeped burping it and it made us all sick!

1  Thank ateven
Reviewed 9 November 2013

It's amazing to me how people have so many different tastes. I have been eating there for at least 25 or 30 years and i think it is the best Mexican restruant in Brighton. My favorite is #11 as I love the chili rellenos with the guacamole & chips that come with it. True I wish they would provide chips and salsa, but I believe it is a very good meal for the money and chips and salsa can be purchased for a very nominal charge. Their salsa is not one of my favorites so I rarely buy it.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Went there on the recommendation of a family member who likes the location and convenience of dining in her neighborhood. I wasn't impressed by the food, especially the chile rellenos that I ordered. But there were a lot of folks there so maybe it works for them.