Absolute Backpackers Mission Beach(Wongaling Beach)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$39
Dunk Island View Caravan Park(Wongaling Beach)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$29
Chantra Mission Beach Bed and Breakfast(Wongaling Beach)(Great Value!)
US$82
Castaways Resort & Spa Mission Beach(Mission Beach)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$104
Boutique Bungalows(Wongaling Beach)
Hibiscus Lodge(Wongaling Beach)
TripAdvisor
Mission Beach Shores(Wongaling Beach)
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewshot tubwithin walking distanceonsite managerwifi worked wellfull kitchenbed apartmenta great stayacross the roadlovely spotreally enjoyed our stay hereon arrivalthai restaurantmaking us feelwould stay againthe managersthree nightscaravan park
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Me and my partner came here over the weekend for a night away together from cairns. The room was way to small, the TV didn't work, the bed was horrible to sleep as it was 2 single beds put together and kept rolling apart. The fact we had to share a balcony with the people next to us took away the whole point of privacy. I'm currently 6 and a half months pregnant, trying to fit into the shower was next to impossible. As me and my partner are over 6ft the shower height was way to small. The toilet barely flushed. Safe to say we won't be coming back ever again and the price we paid was way to much for such a crappy night sleep with horrible service. Would not recommend.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Susan_Mission, Manager at Mission Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Sorry to hear that we were not up to your standard Mikaela. If had let me know that there were problems with your room I would have been more than happy to rectify the situation.
We have one & two bedroom self contained apartments that are a very good size. You must have stayed in the motel style room which is obviously much smaller and cheaper.
Good luck with the birth!

Reviewed 7 August 2016

Advertised as 4 star luxury apartments, more like 3. On the plus side, we had one bedroom apartment which was of a good size, bed reasonably comfortable, onsite parking and had an apartment which actually had a decent view, unlike most which looked over the streets and area was really quiet. Negatives were walls thin, could hear showers, toilets from room next door, no milk in fridge, no toiletries except for a small soap, no washing powder sachets. Wifi very unreliable. Awful smell coming from laundry, bathroom areas, assuming pipes/drains. Bedroom window looked straight into another room, had to keep curtain closed. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Susan_Mission, Manager at Mission Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the review. As advised in your other review, if you had advised me of lack of toiletries and milk, I would have made sure that they were replenished. I'm not sure why these items were not in your room in the first place. I'm sorry that we were not up to your standard.
We received the 4 star rating by the independent company Star Ratings, whose role is to rate hotels throughout the world.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Stopped here overnight during a road trip. The lodgings were spacious and would have been great for a longer stay or for families, as it was a one bedroom suite. It was clean and comfortable. The host was very helpful for local recommendations. There was a full kitchen and laundry in the suite.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Susan_Mission, Manager at Mission Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Thanks for the review Mirandini. I'm glad that you found your accommodation clean, comfortable and spacious. Come again for a longer stay next time!
Kind Regards, Susan

Reviewed 10 July 2016

The first sentence the manager told me was "usually we dont't have backpackers here!!!". This holiday should be a gift from my sister. She booked 3 nights for me. From the beginning on the manager was really rude and unfriendly.
I got a room with a view to the backyard. The WLAN was not working. Because of the unfriendly behaviour of the manager I left the day after. She told me the day before the lift back in town would be included in the price. So we fixed a time for the next morning (8:20 a.m.). The next morning she refused to give me a lift back in town. I had to call a taxi. It was a horrible experience!!!! I was so glad to get out of there!

Room Tip: The WLAN does not work at the rooms on the backyard.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Susan_Mission, Manager at Mission Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Hello Tina,

I really think you are reviewing the wrong hotel. I cannot recall any of the above allegations and cannot recall anyone reducing a 3 night stay to just one night. I also have never refused a request for a lift into town. In fact I insist on people not catching a taxi.
The review of staff on other booking websites is always of a high level.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

Main room & bathroom were a good size and clean. We were offered free use of the jacuzzi, which was ok.

Kitchenette area was tiny. We also had a shared balcony, which had no view. In fact, it was a just a few feet from the shared balconies of the next block of rooms. Privacy would have been zero if the neighbouring or nearby rooms been occupied.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the review Blubeckers13. Unfortunately not every room has a balcony with a view. If people request a balcony with a view when booking, we can usually accommodate their request. The kitchens in our one & two bedroom apartments are a good size and well euipped, whereas the facilities in the motel rooms are not of the same standard.