“Lucky sushi stop!”

Nara Sushi and Grill
Ranked #172 of 1,613 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We just happened to pass by this place and was second guessing whether to go ahead and dine in here and good thing we chose to! Their lunch specials was great value for good Japanese food! I enjoyed all the food we ordered! There was not a lot of people and service was prompt and our server was very gracious.

1  Thank Warlocke

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Had an opportunity to take my 11 year old daughter out on a daddy daughter date night and she chose sushi. We came to Nara at 8pm on a Friday night and were able to be seated at the sushi bar immediately. Service was prompt and friendly... both our server and the sushi chefs.

The sushi was fantastic. We had an assortment of items starting with a squid salad, which was excellent and as with everything else we would get, the presentation was on point, topped off with a flower in the martini glass it was served in. The sushi we ordered was excellent (we had a monkey brain and pikes peak roll along with some sashimi). All was good but the pikes peak roll stands out in terms of being very unique and tasty.

Unprompted, the sushi chef finished things off by presenting my daughter with an "orange panda"... which was an orange artfully carved to look like a panda with some whipped cream over the orange slices.

Wish I lived in the springs... this would be my go to!

1  Thank Dan O
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Nara serves very fresh sushi and it is well put together. I prefer "traditional" sushi and they make the rolls in the "proper" size. The trend in the US is for specialty rolls that also tend to be larger and for me more difficult to eat.
I particularly like their cucumber salad as an appetizer.
They will also make rolls upon request that are not on the menu such as Ume and Oshinko.

1  Thank Buck_Swashler
Reviewed 5 January 2018

I've been here 5 times. I'm a local. Don't come in the evening --especially not Thursday through Saturday. The wait staff is incompetent and the chefs (2), overwhelmed. It took us 90 minutes to get our sushi once we got in the door; 65 minutes AFTER we placed our order.

The chefs are good, but there are only two of them, -- inadequate support to serve the 20-30 people in the restaurant and constant to-go orders sneaking in ahead of your orders.

Wait staff tonight was the epitome of affable incompetence. Seated us without giving menus. We finally had to get them ourselves. Brought two waters for five people and then never offered to refill them. 15 minutes before they even came by to take our orders, Tried to make up for the long wait by giving us a slice of cheese cake--a single, one inch slice for five people. My mom who had been really patient all night, laughed in her face.

Avoid this place during busy hours or order to go--and give yourself some serious time. They are slow... and need to find much better wait staff.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Friendly service, fresh good, simple and comfortable atmosphere. What more could one want? Love the spider rolls and sashimi.

1  Thank Angela D