1,003 results
All reviews black eyed peas wet bar mountain view starbucks coffee nice hotel village inn pikes peak road noise rooms are spacious sitting area free breakfast mini fridge flat screen convenient location king bed oatmeal the breakfast area
Reviewed 29 October 2010

This hotel was wonderful for us. We were traveling for vacation and actually Pricelined this hotel. We are probably too frugal to pay the regular price - that's why the value got a lower rating - but we got a great deal through "name your own price." We had no trouble with traffic noise but we don't mind noise while we sleep. In response to a previous review: I felt that the windows were adequate in blocking the noise plus I prefer the proximity to the highway over no interstate noise.
The staff was excellent. The first night we had to settle for two doubles but they had no problems moving us to a king for our second night.
The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast - while a basic continental breakfast - still offered cereal, donuts, toast, fruit, and english muffins. It was more than adequate to get us through till lunch and free is always helpful when spending money on meals for vacation.

Date of stay: October 2010
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Very, very clean! Very comfortable bed. Nice big TV. I liked the separate little sitting room area, and I really liked the little fridge in the room to store our own snacks. The only problem was that we could hear the traffic noise from the Interstate, almost as if there were no windows or walls between us and the highway. Kept us awake half the night. We were on the 3rd floor on the front side of the hotel. But I think that requesting a room on the back side of the hotel would prevent this problem; I would definitely stay here again, making this one change.

Date of stay: October 2010
Reviewed 17 September 2010

We were there over the Labor Day Weekend (three nights too many). The bed was not comfortable and it seemed worn out and sunken. Both of our backs hurt after each night's sleep. The closet is difficult to use due to the layout. The bathroom area is very small. All the hotels in the area were sold out so we were stuck. The complimentary breakfast is ok, but there is a charge for some items like waffles. Some of the front desk personnel were borderline nasty. I charged an item to my room and they ask you out loud what is your room # & 1st 4 letters of your last name in the presence of others sitting around listening. Anyone could have used my room # and last name info to charge whatever they wanted. I commented about these actions to the employee doing the charge and she practically screamed back at me that I could have given her my room key to charge it instead. Now she tells me. I complained to the manager later about her. Of course I checked my bill thoroughly. When you check into any hotel they never say your room # out loud including this one. The room # is written down and handed to you with the key cards. This hotel is only good for a one night stay like we did a couple of years ago. We will not be back.

Date of stay: September 2010
1  Thank Kabear
Reviewed 14 September 2010

The hotel rooms are more like a one bedroom apartment with seperate rest area and bed, and a comfortable couch/sofa to relax in the evening - The large 42 inch HDTV (featuring full cable and an interactive pay per view system) can be swivelled to face the bed or the couch area - you can also connect AV/HD components/devices to the TV. There is a convenient microwave and sink unit to prepare meals. The bathrooms are standard but the fan unit at night makes a loud noise which can be annoying at night time. The hotel is located within reasonable distance to a lot of the major tourist attractions - 10 minute drive to the Garden of the Gods park, 15 mins to Seven Falls, 20 mins to Cave of the Winds. The hotel is also very close to many stores, restaurants and convenience stores. We found the rooms very comfortable and spacious and the rooms provide a very relaxing stay. The hotel is quiet so you will not be disturbed at night by slamming doors or other guests. A continental breakfast is also included.

Date of stay: August 2010
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I stayed here for a four-night stay while working in Colorado Springs.

Pros:
Nice look to the rooms, very nice big-screen TV.
They had decent coffee for breakfast, which is a huge and unexpected plus.

Cons:
Liked the fridge/sink but thought it was odd that there was no microwave. (The fridge was turned off when I got in the room so be sure to turn it on if you expect to use it. And I was able to use the microwave in the lobby.)
Old, hot, smelly elevators and the bath/shower was cheap quality although everything functioned properly.

Other:
The breakfast was good - not a huge selection, but adequate. The a/c was loud but the bed was comfy so I slept well. I personally would stay somewhere else if I were in Colorado Springs for a vacation, but the company I work for chose this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2010