“Average food, great value, no beer or wine”
Review of Jasmine Cafe

Jasmine Cafe
Ranked #641 of 1,573 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

This is a small Chinese restaurant, with family milling about and children doing homework at a table while their parents wait tables or cook.

The food is quite average. All of the usual Chinese menu suspects are present, and cooked in an average way. Note: if you like your food spicy, I suggest you request spicy. Their default preparation is very mild, even for dishes designated as spicy.

Not serving beer and wine is a stinker. I was raised to enjoy an adult beverage with every dinner. They serve water, tea and Pepsi products only!

Note to management: you may investigate installation of some sort of double door or air block for the entry. This is a small restaurant, and the cold air blowing in when guests arrive or leave is dreadful.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

There is an abundance of Chinese restaurants in Colorado Springs and there is nothing about this one to set it apart. We've eaten here before and enjoyed it, but on our recent lunch the hot and sour soup had burnt tones to it and not much that was hot or sour. The sesame chicken looked identical to the orange chicken; the only difference was the sauce and my wife noted that there were no vegetables mixed in and no garnish, just chicken on a plate. Our server was very nice and polite and the food was served quickly. The prices are a bit less than most of the other Chinese restaurants and that might explain the lack of creativity in presentation. If in the area and in the mood for Chinese we might eat here again, but we definitely won't seek it out.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

We do take out a lot from Jasmine Cafe. Orange Chicken, Sesame Chicken, Vegetables, General Tsao Chicken, ALL very good. Have never eaten "in" but we like the food. Service when I go to pick up, always great. If you like Chinese, you'll like Jasmine Cafe...

Reviewed 26 May 2016

This is a small restaurant serving Chinese cuisine. Most of their business is takeout, which is typical of this type of restaurant. My wife and I enjoy eating in the dining area which is nicely decorated and doesn't give a "hole-in-the-wall" feel. We've visited this restaurant many times and both the food and service are awesome! I tend to order the same thing each time (sesame chicken), although sometimes I'll get the Lemon Chicken or Sweet & Sour Chicken (see the trend?). My wife gets a variety of items, tofu or vege related. The food has been very good each time. I can't think of a visit that we've had bad food or service. This is our go-to place when we're in the mood for Chinese!

Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

We had food delivered. Fast and friendly. The food was really good. Kung Pau Chicken had perfect heat. Best egg drop soup in town. Will definitely order again!