“overnite stay”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Had a hankering for some Mexican food on an overnite stay in Colorado Springs. Decided to try Arceo's since it was close to my hotel. Wasn't real hungry so looked over the appetizer menu and decided on the quesadilla with beef and cheese. Service was fast and the two quesadillas were not the usual 6inch diameter tortillas but were 10 inch and stuffed with cheese and shredded beef. Very tasty. I ate one and saved the other for later. Very tasty. Would eat there again. The charge was $7.00

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I went there for lunch with some old friends. Everyone in Colorado loves Mexican food and you can't fool a Colorado native. Quick service and good portions. We enjoyed it.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Went here based on a high rating and expected it to be like some of the small family Mexican restaurants we know and love. The water they served had floaty things in it. They took a while to come get our order. The green chili was not my favorite. And our sons chicken nuggets were cold in the center. Almost left to go to Taco Bell 2 doors down.

1  Thank Gamuniz
Reviewed 24 October 2016

I picked this place while ready TA. I wasn't on their page tho, I was reading another restaurant's reviews and some guy said to not go to that place, but hit a local place called Arceo's, so I looked it up! Doubletree has a free shuttle to anywhere within 3 miles, so they took us over there and we ubered back. As soon as we got there, we both commented that the building was an old Pizza Hut, or maybe Pizza Inn building. We went inside and it's small, about 20 tables. The menu was pretty sizable. We each got a specialty margarita and decided to get Fajitas for 1, a cheese enchilada plate (they allowed us to pick 3 different ones cuz we really wanted to try as much as we could), and the Cheesy Crispi. I wanted to try this app cuz it reminded of Tookie's Bombshell (down in Seabrook, Tx), and we wanted to compare it. While it was way too much food for the 2 of us, we were happy and took a to go box back to the hotel. The enchiladas were all delicious, the fajita meat was flavored appropriately, the chicken on the fajita plate was cooked perfectly, and I mean SUPER moist!! The cheese crispi was different from Tookies in that they use a flour tortilla and Tookie's uses corn. They're both delish but there's something I just LOVE about fried flour tortillas so I'd have to say the cheese crispi was a winner!! So all this food, 2 specialty ritas, and our bill was $38 before tip. Don't let the building throw you off. If you want good Mexican food, they are spot on! Oh, and the salsa they serve with the chips (they serve red sauce and salsa), is fantastic! They put a little shredded cabbage in it and for whatever reason (this isn't common in Texas), it works and is outstanding. Our waiter was good without being intrusive. Support this local place with the great food and prices!! I'll be back for sure!!

Reviewed 10 October 2016

My sister and I had the tostada con shrimp ceviche and a dessert. I was surprised at the ample serving size of ceviche for the moderate price - and it was delicious and loaded with shrimp. The salsa they served as an appetizer, free of charge, was also very good and chunky. My dessert, the xango, was to die for - and my sister enjoyed her fried ice cream too. Our server was friendly and efficient. All of the other customers appeared to be Latin@, which I regarded as a good recommendation also. There were several children in the restaurant, and they played with other in high spirits but were well-behaved. The decor of the restaurant is Mexican but not fancy; its appearance from outside is unpretentious.
We noticed that they had flavored margaritas on special, so we asked what they time they closed, and they said ten o'clock. We decided to go back for margaritas. When we arrived at 9:30, the person at the counter said they were closed because they had no customers (it was Sunday night). We cajoled him into serving us margaritas anyway! I appreciated his willingness to give customer service above and beyond what would have been expected. All in all, I love this restaurant for its good food at decent prices, as well as its friendly atmosphere.