“Okay, with reservations”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs Air Force Academy
Ranked #27 of 103 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 14 August 2017

As a Marriot Rewards Gold member, I was upgraded to suite at no charge. That went well and I like these types of rooms. The hallway on the 4th floor smelled a bit musty but the room itself seemed fine. I was staying here as it was near I25 and I had to get up Saturday morning to drive to Denver to the airport. Friday night my friend and I went to the SkySox game, so this seemed like a good location without having to drive to Denver at 10:00 at night. The bed in the room was lumpy and needs to be replaced. Slept fine, however the pillows seemed to have a faint smell similar to the hallway. Breakfast was fine, just okay. I any or may not return.

Room Tip: Perhaps check out the floor you are staying on first.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear KSL1224,

Thank you for your review of our Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs Air Force Academy. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your room upgrade as well as our convenient location. Our apologies, however, that the bed was not to your liking. We will certainly have our housekeeping staff take a look at this and the pillows to ensure that they are up to our standards and make any necessary corrections. We would be thrilled if you would grant us the honor of a return visit and hope to see you soon.

Nicholas N.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Loved this hotel. We had an exceptional room. The food was good, scrambled eggs each day but they changed the meat selection. During the 3 days we had a choice of vegan, turkey or regular sausage, bacon and ham. You got 2 a day to choose from. There was the typical waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogart, bagels and pound cake.

They had an outside jacuzzi which may not make it in the winter, but the days we were there it was cool...in the 60s. We went to the outside jacuzzi and it was great as the water was quite warm, but you never got overheated in the face as the air was very comforting.

We will return again as we enjoyed our stay and we volunteer at a local musuem.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kconnell1
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Here’s the situation…. I messed up big time. At 7:45 I was driving to work in Colorado Springs when I learned that a very important conference call was happening at 8:00 am, instead of 9:00 that I was anticipating. I needed to connect to WebEx, as I was leading the call. I needed a quiet space with WiFi, as I could not take the call from my car.

I abruptly pulled into the Fairfield Inn & Suites parking lot, went inside and saw an employee…Nicholas Nelson. I explained my situation to him and that I needed a quiet place to take this call. (I was considerably panicked at the time.) The lobby was full of guests eating breakfast, so that was not an option. He got very creative and found a private spot for me to take this call.

Here is the impact of his swift problem solving and accommodation of my need. I was hosting a kickoff call for a program for 23 executive global vice presidents from a very well known company. My direct clients, the senior leaders of the HR team, were expecting me to host and lead this call. Had I NOT taken this call:

• These 23 executives would not have received vital information they need to prepare for an important event
• My HR clients would have looked VERY BAD in front of their internal clients
• I likely would have been fired from this account
• My company would have lost considerable trust with this client

As it turns out, the call went off flawlessly and everyone is happy, prepared, and excited for this upcoming event. That impact itself is significant.

My husband and I both travel considerably for business each year. Because of Nicholas’ actions we will now make Marriott our brand of choice. I so appreciate the commitment to excellence and customer service!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristen K
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Awesome hotel with great hands on management! All staff from breakfast area, housekeeping and front desk had amazing, helpful attitudes- hard to find now days. Made me proud to be a Marriott rewards member. The pillows were the best! Comfortable beds, great breakfast with waffle machine that made 4 little ones. Only complaint was very little pool with no hot tub, and maid kept taking the shampoos and soaps each day, when we could of used the same ones our whole stay, but I guess it made the bathroom look neater. Only maid ever that put our shoes in a nice line along the wall! Nice touch.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Annette R
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Loved having coffee available and breakfast in morning, not the same everyday! Very Good!
Would have liked to if had a fridge in the room to keep hydrated with cold bottles of water. Otherwise it was very relaxing.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family