All reviewsthe wi firv park islarge siteslaundry roomdumpsterdogspicnic
Reviewed 29 September 2014

I will start by saying the resort side is beautiful. The park side is not. We stayed in the resort area. The wifi is poor. There is no TV or radio reception. The cell service is good but extended service only. All of that is tolerable because there is so much to do and see in Creede, you don't miss the rest of the world. My complaint is this....there is grass everywhere you look, but your pet is only allowed in the tiny fenced in area located at the far end of the park area. You are supposed to take your pet for a long walk each and every time they need to "go" to this area and ONLY this area. If for some reason your pet can't make the long walk and they walk on their "Golden Grass" you will be publicly reprimanded. This park holds hundreds of people. It is not realistic to have only one small area for the pets to use. It has been my observation most people RVing have at least one dog. They better remedy this problem soon or they will loose more business. I can assure you I will NEVER EVER be back. The couple who own this establishment are NOT pet friendly people. And by my definition makes them not my kind of people!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank rreynolds2014
Reviewed 13 September 2014

We've camped here once before, and I remembered I hated the showers for some reason. NOW I remember. They are the smallest possible shower and dressing area. ONE hook. .. They put a ridiculous plastic double step stool that occupies the entire dressing area - you have to set it outside. I hang my bag on the hook and have to drape my clothes and towel over the top of the door - I dislike that - my towel slipped off onto the floor!. My bag juts out into the dressing area and after I step out of the shower onto the onto the tiny outdoor grid style mat, I have to take the slimey shower curtain and wrap it over its bar to get it out of the way, because while I'm drying off and dressing, I do have to bend down occasionally, and my backside kept making contact with that slimey shower curtain. I noticed that when I dress, I actually 'jut out' halfway into the shower because of the tiny dressing room. I admit that the lack of hooks and the very tiny dressing area distresses me and affects my attitude toward the entire park, so I'll try to be fair about other things. Possibly it's not a problem to others, or management, because it's exactly the same as last year. Oh, I'm 5'8", taller than average, but not excessively tall.
Why am I even using the showers? Because the sewer connection is way at the back of our site, and our hose couldn't reach it. We backed in 3 times (and we're not newbies at this) and just never could angle it well enough to feel comfortable about hooking to that. The store here does sell sewer hoses (and connections, we hope) so perhaps we'll be able to extend that (but we're just not excited about having to carry additional hose around . .. this is the first time in 2 years of RV'g that we've had the need. Sigh, I suppose we should anyhow, you never know.
OK, now for an attempt at objectivity.
The ladies in the front office are very nice, professional, and helpful. They really do seem to want the park to run well .. .(nothing they can do about showers that are simply too small already). My husband's shower came out barely a dribble, and he assumed they were all like that. I told him mine was fine, so he reported the 'dribbley' shower....and they were quite concerned and promised to look into it. He used a different shower the next day and it worked fine.
The park is beautifully landscaped and they had sprinklers going everywhere. It's nearly 100% gray stone gravel, so we wondered about dust. Yes it's a little bit dusty, we noticed on our car, but it doesn't seem to be a terrible problem really. Except that it's a bit difficult to walk on.. I turned my ankle a few times, but I have strong ankles. There are signs telling you 'no pedestrians in roadways', but we honestly don't know where we're supposed to walk, with sprinklers going on the few grassy areas. People all seem to walk on the roads.
Evidently, half (or more) of the entire park is called "Resort" and the other half is "Park". Park is for the short term people, and "resort' is for people who actually have purchased their lots. Which the office can also sublease to you.
We did consider purchasing a lot and making this a summer home for us, but the tiny bathrooms really bug me. My husband is 6'3" and he doesn't seem to mind them as much as I do. So, it's just me, I guess. I will say, they ARE the tiniest bath/dressing combo's we've encountered.
But, they work fine. And it's a lovely park. Bathrooms are clean (except for shower curtains, bleh).
Another thing to consider: the spruce beetle is slowly destroying the forests of the area - in a few years, the lovely green hills will be in shades of taupe and brown. One should drive toward Lake City or South Fork and observe the devastation (and high risk for forest fires in dead areas). Mountain Views will be safe from both the beetle, and the fires, because of its location on the treeless river plain, away from the forested hills. However, the views won't be quite so nice when the beetle invades the area. .and I don't know how long it will take to recover, probably decades. I don't know what effect this will have on the local economy. The nearby town of Creede, with its tourist shops and trendy restaurants, has been slowly declining in population since 2000 anyhow.
And I notice that the resort is up for sale this year. Last year, they had extravagant expansion plans. I don't know what's going on with that.
It's still a potentially lovely place to be, but we decided not to invest at this time.

Room Tip: This is NOT a hotel, hahah, but I see it's listed as one. There might be a few cottages for rent. and they look lovely. If you're in an RV, it's nice to have a site in the 100's .IF you're in a motorhome or RV that has a window (in our case, the front seats) that can face toward the hills outside Creede, with no one in front of you. There are about 4-6 pull-throughs, but those have TREES planted in front of them, to impede your view (what were they thinking?), so I'd recommend the back-ins.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joyus S
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We found this place on a RV park finder app and it sounded good. We had difficulty when we arrived due to conflicting and confusing signage, resulting in minor dage to our 39' fifth wheel. Once at our site, we found the cell phone reception good, but wifi is poor and tv reception nonexistent. There is no cable. The amenities for the park are minimal. The stocked pond is catch and keep only, and you pay $4.50 per fish caught, regardless of size. The entire park is gravel, no concrete pads, so it gets very dusty. There was one tight turn getting from the office to our site. Though the site is clear and large enough now to maneuver, trees have been planted that because of placement at the edge of the site by the road can become hazards in the future for longer rigs. We have stayed at another park near Creede that had better amenities and was a much better value. We won't be returning to this one, even with better cell service.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Karli036
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We were very pleased with our recent stay in Cabin 2 at Mountain Views. The cabins have been updated in recent years, are attractively decorated and exceptionally clean. We were very surprised to have a flat-screen television and Directv. Even though we were offered various levels of wi-fi, we opted for the basic service and it fit our needs. The wi-fi was much faster during the day than at night...possibly more users after dark slowed the speed of the wi-fi. The cabin had a full-size kitchen with range and full-size refrigerator and was well equippred with eight place settings of dishes, flatware and glasses as well as pots and pans and small appliances such as toaster, coffee maker, and microwave...all nice quality and clean. The bedding and linens were also of good quality. All in all, we were very pleased and look forward to a return trip. BTW...we have a fifth-wheel and have stayed in the RV park in the past with no problems. We have Directv in the fifth-wheel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FlamFlomingo
Reviewed 18 July 2013

After reading the other 4 reviews, I would like everyone to know things are greatly improved at the MVRV Park/Resort. The Wi-Fi has been upgraded and you now have different levels of access. We use the free one and it is quite fast and easy to sign on to. There is no cable, but most of the people do use satellite tv. We were aware of that before we came and purchased a Direct TV system. Since it is usually quite cool here, not having shade trees right on the site does not bother us. We just put out our awning if we want shade. The landscaping and the park is beautiful. They have 2 beautiful lodges with TVs and pool tables and other amenities you can take advantage of. We have not had anything but excellent treatment by the owners (Roland and Helen) and their office staff and grounds crews. July 2013 was sort of a unusual month due to the West Fork Fires and we did have a couple weeks of intense smoke and a lot of people did leave or cancel. But from the traffic and the occupied spots now, evidently they are coming back. Granted there is not all that many actual park activities, but there are many places you can visit that are near here and there are calendars of activities where you can find things to do. We love it here and as of right now, we plan on coming back next year. The people here and in Creede are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple