“Surly Bartender”

The Eldo Brewery and Happy Trail's Cafe
Ranked #28 of 74 Restaurants in Crested Butte
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I came to The Eldo a few years ago with a friend and remembered how fun the upstairs outside patio was - very lively & fun overlooking the street below. So as I was staying another night In Crested Butte this was my first place to go as it was happy hour time.
I asked the bartender upstairs what was on for Happy Hour and she rattled off a few things and when I questioned about the cocktails she said they really don't have a menu.
Say what????? She was so indifferent to meeting any of my needs so I just got a bottle of beer and headed out to the deck. Everyone was smoking! This is now just a locals hangout and the deck is the smoking area. What a disappointment. As I headed back inside I did spy a menu - yes a real menu- on one of the tables. Guess by my not being a local this bartender (Katie) could have cared less about serving me. I'm sure it's still a great place for locals and especially if you are a local smoker!!!! Then you get the best view.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

A great dive bar for drinks and people watching. Highly recommend!

Sit outside on the deck and take in that Colorado air. We would sit outside and watch the storms roll in. We didn't eat this time around, but the food looked like typical bar food. They ran out of Coors Light and Coors! How can that happen?? We're in Colorado!! Okay, it wasn't the end of the world, they offered good alternatives and were replenished the next day....although the beers were warm. Again, not the end of the world...that is what ice is for.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

The oldest bar in Crested Butte and a local hang out. Good cheap drinks in a nice, dark, but fun bar. Good music in the evenings and if you dare, try the mystery shot! 6 bagged bottles and one roll of the dice! Fun for the adventurer drinker!

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Stopped here for food and beer as part of a roadtrip to Crested Butte. Seriously good beer brewed here by a fastidious head brewer. Good range/variety of beers.
Ate burgers of excellent quality - all fresh produce used.
Table football was a hit for my grandchild whilst I appreciated the range of music. Friendly atmosphere - people talked with us. We were there in the afternoon, but they have music nights regularly with some top local bands.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

We were doing a beer tour and drove up to crested butte to try some beer and food. We were slightly disappointed as they only had 2 of their own beers available. The beer my husband had was good and we had onion rings and soup. The server indicated they were going to be moving to another location and I think that would be a good move for them.