“Great Views, Bar Food, and Decent Beer”

The Eldo Brewery and Happy Trail's Cafe
Ranked #28 of 71 Restaurants in Crested Butte
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 28 September 2017

On a sunny day, this might be the best place to take in the main drag of Crested Butte while sipping on a pint. The beer is pretty standard, with typical varieties and decent execution. There isn't much to wow you in terms of flavor. We had just an appetizer, but it was filling and consisted of typical bar food. It was quite enjoyable being on their small deck, especially since it was nice and the inside of the place was pretty dark. Take in some fresh air and phenomenal views the Eldo.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

A bustling place on a rainy afternoon! We enjoyed the beer selection and the roof top seating. The crowd was energetic and friendly.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

That is their slogan. Its a total locals hangout, but with good drinks at fantastic prices, and it doesn't hurt that it has a second story balcony that overlooks the heart of downtown Crested Butte on Elk Ave. .... And the food doesn't suck either ! Taco Tuesdays feature $2 tacos with your choice of fixings, and they were good !

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I came to The Eldo a few years ago with a friend and remembered how fun the upstairs outside patio was - very lively & fun overlooking the street below. So as I was staying another night In Crested Butte this was my first place to go as it was happy hour time.
I asked the bartender upstairs what was on for Happy Hour and she rattled off a few things and when I questioned about the cocktails she said they really don't have a menu.
Say what????? She was so indifferent to meeting any of my needs so I just got a bottle of beer and headed out to the deck. Everyone was smoking! This is now just a locals hangout and the deck is the smoking area. What a disappointment. As I headed back inside I did spy a menu - yes a real menu- on one of the tables. Guess by my not being a local this bartender (Katie) could have cared less about serving me. I'm sure it's still a great place for locals and especially if you are a local smoker!!!! Then you get the best view.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

A great dive bar for drinks and people watching. Highly recommend!

Sit outside on the deck and take in that Colorado air. We would sit outside and watch the storms roll in. We didn't eat this time around, but the food looked like typical bar food. They ran out of Coors Light and Coors! How can that happen?? We're in Colorado!! Okay, it wasn't the end of the world, they offered good alternatives and were replenished the next day....although the beers were warm. Again, not the end of the world...that is what ice is for.