“Still the best!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I lived in the area a long time ago, and one of my favorite places to eat was always Donita's. I had to see if the chicken chimichanga was still as good as I remembered it. It definitely was - this is some of the best Mexican food I've had anywhere. The service was great too! Delicious margaritas, great food, and good service, definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank SwingOak

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I'm a little prejudiced since l learned of this restaurant in 2004 and FINALLY made it there on a roadtrip this summer. Since I share the name and have only met one other with that name in my 70 years, it was a bucket list visit for me. Delighted they were selling T-shirts with the logo, so have a nice souvenir! Kay and staff were extremely friendly and helpful, even though it was very busy that evening. The food was excellent and served quickly. From conversations around us, it seems it's popular with the locals. Loved Donita's and loved Crested Butte!

1  Thank RoadTripGranny
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Having eaten here for almost 32 years, it has one of the most looked forward dining experiences in Crested Butte everytime.
Sorry Donita, the flavor and taste are not the same nor is the
service and atmosphere. Am afraid that past reputation has got in the way of maintaining excellent Mexican food as in the past.
Being a New Mexican for over 22 years, does change ones perview of good Mexican food and Donita's no longer meets the test. Hopefully, they will strive to improve soon

1  Thank westrain
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Had a great dinner at Donita's. The Mexican food was delicious. We indulged in the Enchilada's and Chili Relleno's, not to mention the Marguritas. We sat at the bar, since they were busy with a b ig reunion party. That was fun, since the bartender was fun, friendly and kept us going with his great house Marguritas. Don't pass up the Sopapias and honey.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

The food is excellent and the service was quick and very friendly.
I had a ahi salad and it was very good. don't miss the dessert is to die for!

1  Thank susiesucho