“Quiet, beautiful, and cozy”
other travellers have booked this property
Loft Bedroom with King and 2 Twins Bathroom with Tub and Shower
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Loft Bedroom with King and 2 Twins
Bathroom with Tub and Shower
Bathroom
Fully Equipped Kitchen with coffee maker, microwave, blender, toaster oven, propane range
Stairwell to Loft
Front Deck with 50 Mile Views
Sign at Driveway
The Beetch House beneath the Sangre de Cristo Range
Loft Bedroom with 2 Twins on one end and King on other
Climate change comes to Crestone?  :)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 17 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Inspirati...
“Quiet, beautiful, and cozy”
Reviewed 11 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

The Beetch house was a perfect getaway near Crestone. Kai was immensely helpful and informative. When we checked in she gave us a little orientation on the house as well as the surrounding area. She gave lots of details about different hikes and points of interest in the area since that's what we were there to do.

The only thing that could make this stay a little better would be maybe some floor fans. All the beds were in the upstairs loft and it can get stuffy and warm up there during the day even with the windows open. Other than that, the house was very very clean and spacious. It had great views of the sunset and mountains in the backyard. I would definitely stay there again and working with Kai was a pleasure.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location, cleanliness, uniqueness of the house
Liked least: No fans. Some floor fans would be nice for the warmer months
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
18 Sep 2016
Dear Genaro, Thanks for taking the time to write a review and your kind words! I enjoyed meeting you and your wife, and hosting you.
I was sorry to hear you were warm in the cabin. After our local temps had cooled I put away the house fans and not checked with you folks about possibly wanting them. My mistake and I'm so sorry! I will leave them out from now on. ( I wish you had told me of your discomfort right away so I could have remedied the situation immediately.)
I'm confused by your statement that "the house was warm and stuffy even with the windows open" since the cabin windows seemed to be closed the majority of your stay when your vehicle was there. I wondered to myself how you two were getting ventilation. I would have asked about your comfort, had I seen you outside. I generally don't knock on the cabin door when all blinds, windows, and doors are closed, as I prefer to respect my guests' privacy. So, the learning never stops for me as a host, and I appreciate your feedback!
I hope all went well with you getting tire air in Crestone before your departure, and that your trip home was smooth and easy. Thanks for coming and be well! Kai
fpjinsf
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“A comfortable, peaceful place to stay!”
Reviewed 26 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I recently spent 2 nights here with my son, and we greatly enjoyed our stay. We appreciated the quiet and serenity, and proximity to Crestone. You will undoubtably find your stay at the Beetch House to be wonderful, too, unless you are the type of person who might be put off by a welcoming, attentive host like Kai, and not appreciate a comfortable well appointed home in a beautiful tranquil setting! :) I hope to return soon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Florent14...
“Mme”
Reviewed 4 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We stayed at Kai's house for two nights in the middle of a long road trip in Colorado with a family of 4 including two young kids 1yo and 3yo. What a pleasure to arrive in this peaceful place, we immediately felt at home. Kai was very helpful in giving us information about the house and things to do and see in the area. The guest house is independent and fully equipped and very nicely decorated, with a lot of charm. A great stop for the San Luis valley, conveniently located for a day trip to the great sand dunes, which should not be missed! The only negative point was the crowd of mosquitos which prevented us from enjoying the nice yard, but hey that's the price to pay to be into the wild!

5 Jul 2016
Thanks Rachel for taking the time to review my place! I hope the rest of your trip went well and I enjoyed meeting you and your family. Yes, as I had mentioned before your trip, the mosquitoes are here in June and July if we have a wet spring. By August they're usually gone. I was glad to hear they didn't bother you at The Sand Dunes once you got past the creek! Take care, Kai
Imtiaz R
“Very comfortable and beautfiul setting”
Reviewed 30 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Highly recommend. Beautiful, simple and artistic place to stay. Kai, the owner, is extremely organized (and a very generous and kind host); so there is generally everything that one needs. If something is missing, you can ask her for it as she lives next door. Amazing views from the place and, yes, it is right in Crestone.

Travelling group: Extended Family
NM
Reviewed 31 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
31 Dec 2013
Hi Judy, Thanks for writing a review! I have news about heat in The Beetch House. As of Feb. 2, 2014, there is electric ETS heat in the house. No more woodstove fire building in the winter, unless you really want to! Take care, Kai
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing