Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport
Crowne Plaza Denver(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$173
US$169
US$122
US$119
Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$92
US$195
US$167
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$108
All reviewsfree laundrybedroom suitesmall kitchentower roadbeer and winefull kitchensocial hourlaundry rooman early flightyogurtthe shuttle driverextended stayhot breakfastnext morningstayed here for one nightfront desk staffrental car
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I had a layover in Denver and my Travel Agent found this hotel that was recommended on TripAdvisor. The hotel was very clean, very quiet and the rooms were well appointed.
The airport shuttle service runs every 30 minutes and was complimentary.

On check in, (friendly and helpful) I was encouraged to enjoy their Happy Hour with free beverages and tacos.

The hotel is great...my only complaint is the poor TV reception (grainy and static).

Very good place to stay...maybe a little more costly, but throw in the free dinner (if you get there in time) makes this hotel a decent value for an overnight at DIA.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
StaybridgeDIA, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

WannaTravelNeedMoney, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy our Manager's Reception and our complimentary shuttle service. I will absolutely pass along to our team to keep up the great work. We are currently working on switching over to HDTV, which would help solve the TV issue. We expect it to be completed in the coming weeks. Another great thing is we are very close to upgrading our internet as well. Again, thank you, and we hope to see you again next time you are in Denver.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Needed an airport hotel for my family of five due to an early morning flight. I was hoping to book on points, and when a 2BR 2BA Suite popped up at the regular points rate, I grabbed the room. Check in took 1 minute, room was large and perfect including 3 flat screen TVs. A few restaurants nearby, including a Ruby Tuesday, made this a great location. I will definitely seek out this hotel again when I need to spend the night near Denver Airport. I did not use the following amenities, but they were all included. Breakfast, shuttle service and breakfast. Overall, very happy with hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
StaybridgeDIA, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Dalsemer, thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind words about our hotel. Also, thank you so much for your loyalty as a Priority Club member! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel for your early morning flight. We can't wait to see you again when you need a hotel near DIA! Hopefully next time you are able to enjoy our delicious hot breakfast buffet! Thank you again!

Reviewed 16 February 2012

The Staybridge is a good alternative to the Embassy just a block away on Tower Road in the Hotel district close to the airport. Good value, newer building, appointments just a little less expensive. Happy hour from 5-7 included free beer and wine and the night I was there they also had BBQ hotdogs with toppings, chips and salsa, and a salad bar. There was almost a Cheer's like atmosphere in the lobby during this happy hour with much conversation going on. Room was well appointed (see pictures). Full kitchen with full-size fridge, microwave, sink and two burners, but no oven. Flat screen TV's in both living area and bedroom. Beds and pillows were very nice and it was very quiet. Check in and check out was handled well by the clerks. Didn't us the pool or work out room, but both looked clean and larger than I expected. Nice job Staybridge!

Room Tip: There are 2 rooms suites as well as 1 room suites (more like regular hotel rooms).
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
StaybridgeDIA, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Vgroten, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review for our hotel. I am so glad you were able to take part in the Social Reception and enjoyed your suite as well. The Social Reception is definitely one our guest's favorite amenities Tuesday through Thursday. I will let my team members know to keep up the great work as well. We hope to see you again next time you are in Denver!

Reviewed 22 January 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a week in July 2011. Our friends also stayed here at the same time for a couple of nights on their way to California. We often stay at Staybridge Hotels, and overall, this one is a very nice property. Check-in was fast and painless. Staff is friendly. The grounds are maintained and well lit. Our 2-bedroom suite was spacious, clean, and in good repair. Breakfast was good, and dinner was appreciated even when it was just a salad with cold cuts. And, free airport shuttle!

The indoor pool, however, was bone-chilling C-O-L-D. Twice we tried to use it, and both times it was cold. The first time we visited the pool and found it too cold, we went and talked to the staff, and they sent someone to turn the heaters on or check it out or whatever. It started warming up after a while but was nowhere near ready by the time we gave up and left (a good hour or so later). We tried again a couple days later, and while it was slightly warmer, the water was still chilly.

The only other problem we encountered was on the day we checked out. I went downstairs to print our boarding passes but was unable to find one working computer/printer combo to use. They had a computer that had Internet access but no printer, and there was a computer with printer but without Internet access (I think), and a computer with printer but no ink. I tried a couple fixes myself unsuccessfully, and since the front desk staff appeared busy, I gave up and left. Other than that, this is a good hotel with good amenities at a GREAT price.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with a 2-bedroom suite!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2011

My dad and I stayed here for one night before an early departure from the Denver airport. We’d reserved a 2-bedroom 2-bathroom suite using his Priority Club points. (I haven’t often seen Staybridges—or any hotels, for that matter—that allow you to use points for 2-bedroom suites, especially for the same number of points as the more basic room types, and with no upgrade fee – but we were able to do that here, which was very nice!)

Check-in went totally smoothly. They found our reservation immediately, and were even able to put us on the top (sixth) floor when we asked if they had any suites of our type available there. The elevators were a little slow going up, but that wasn’t a big deal; it’s a system of two elevators, so there was never really a long wait for one.

The suite was clean as could be and had plenty of space. The first bedroom had a queen bed and a desk; the second had two doubles (no desk in that one). Each bedroom had its own bathroom, of course. The sinks were outside the actual bathroom, which can be good or bad… personally I think it’s kind of annoying, but when you have your own bedroom anyway, it doesn’t matter. One picky point, though: there was only one waste can in the entire bedroom area (including the bathroom). I feel like there should be a minimum of two – one in the bathroom area and one in the bedroom. I know that creates more waste, more work for the staff, etc. – but it’s kind of annoying and inconvenient to have to walk all the way into the bathroom (or wherever you move the waste can to) from wherever you are, each time you need to throw something away. That’s just a small detail that didn’t really detract much from the quality of our stay, but sometimes, the little things can actually turn out to be the big ones.

Shortly after we checked in and got settled in a little, we went downstairs and helped ourselves to the Sundowner evening social, where they have free food and drinks (even beer and wine) for the guests. They had hot dogs that night (which were great!), along with salad, chips, and lots of condiments and side items. (Another picky note: they had sweet relish to go with the hot dogs, but no dill relish. I’m definitely a dill person, but at the same time, I’m not going to sit here and complain about how they didn’t have one particular condiment for the FREE food they gave us!)

We had some laundry that needed to be done, so we took advantage of their free laundry facility. Boxes of Tide were just a buck each from the Bridge Mart (open 24/7), so Dad bought a couple of those and got the laundry started.

We then decided to go check out the pool. To be fair, I like my pool water a little warmer than I think most people do (I’m an upper 80’s kind of guy, whereas I think most people prefer low to mid 80’s), but I can tolerate it a little cooler. That being said, this water was just too cold for me to get in. My dad got in but said it felt cold to him, too. This hotel doesn’t have a hot tub, either… so, that aspect of our stay could have been a lot better, but we definitely didn’t let it ruin an otherwise great stay.

The hotel is located in an area with quite a few restaurants close by, but we were in the mood for wings and trivia, so we drove to the Buffalo Wild Wings about 20 minutes away and got our fix – definitely worth it. When we got back, the parking out front was full, but they have plenty more behind the hotel, well-lit, with entrances to the hotel from the back as well (just don’t try to go in the pool entrance after it closes; I think it locks around 10 pm).

Back in the suite, I got online and killed some time on the web. The internet was a little slow, but about on par for free hotel WiFi. (It was also super easy to connect to.)

The shower was great, with good pressure and plenty of hot water. The curved shower curtain rod was great for having a little more room.

I slept like a rock on that bed, too. (I was in the room with the 2 double beds, so I just had a bunch of my stuff piled on one of them and slept on the other; it was fantastic.) No noise to speak of or anything… didn’t hear any airplanes flying overhead, and wasn’t kept up by the HVAC system even though it was basically at the foot of my bed. (Interesting note: the living room and my bedroom were on a central air/heat system controlled by the living room thermostat, while the queen bedroom had its own room AC/heat unit [one of those below-the-window units]. I always like central better since it’s usually quieter, provided the HVAC system isn’t super loud [again, no problems with this one], so I was very happy with my room. I don’t think Dad had any complaints about his unit being noisy either, though, so I guess they’re both fine at this hotel. Just thought it was funny [but again, not in a bad way] that they mix-and-match AC/heating types within the same suite.)

Breakfast was great in the morning. Pretty typical selection for a free hotel breakfast – bagels, English muffins, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, sausage, cereal, milk, juice and the like. I do wish hotels would leave the breakfast open past 9:30 AM… most people who are there for leisure as opposed to business aren’t even awake at that hour! They should at least try 10:30 or 11:00 (and not just on weekends, either, since people travel on leisure all through the week – especially over breaks!). It wasn’t an issue for me this time since we were out of there by 9:30 anyway to catch our flight, but it’s the general principle.

Check-out was a breeze. We had a rental car, so we didn’t have to use the airport shuttle or anything. The hotel is really close to the airport; we were probably to the rental car return within about 5-7 minutes if that.

Overall, a pretty great stay. Would I come back again? Possibly… but I think I would probably check reviews of other nearby hotels on here first and try to find one with a hot tub and a better-heated pool. Not that I’ll be back at the Denver airport in the foreseeable future, but if I am, that’s probably what I’ll do. The Staybridge certainly wasn’t bad, but there are so many others in the area, I could probably find one (in the same price range and service level) that I liked a little better.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank chris11828
StaybridgeDIA, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Chris11828, thank you so much for writing such a detailed and helpful review! It is great to hear that check in and check out went so smoothly and you were able to use and enjoy so many of the hotel's amenities. Your "picky" things, are not picky at all - we don't realize the "small" things unless a guest lets us know and we are in turn able to make our hotel better for all returning and new guests. We hope you choose to stay with us again next time you happen to be in Denver!