“Great place for breakfast, lunch or brunch in Cherry Creek”
Review of Syrup

Syrup
Ranked #160 of 3,300 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Cherry Creek
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Cherry Creek has so many dining options how does one choose which one to try next? How about go to the one that looks crowded, but not so crowded you can't get in! We went for brunch (our daughter's new fave meal) after 1:00 p.m. on a Sunday afternoon to Syrup in Cherry Creek and the place was hopping - from families to young singles to outdoors types, all bases were covered. We left shortly after 2:00 p.m. (Sunday closing time) and we were the next to last ones out! Now you'd think because it was called Syrup more of us would have ordered pancakes or waffles, but of the four of us only one did and she enjoyed it. Wife and Daughter had salads and I opted for the steak and eggs. With steak and eggs you never know what cut of steak you'll get, but you know you'll get a better deal than a steak ordered at dinner! This one was cooked nicely to my liking, medium well, was flavorful and paired well with eggs and potatoes. If you are in the neighborhood and hungry early in the Syrup is for you!

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Food was very good but we had a large group and they were not great at organizing the orders. Some people did not get what they ordered. If you are a large group I would suggest ordering when you get there and not pre ordering.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Business meeting at 7:30 is impossible if you don't want to get a parking ticket. Meters won't accept payment until 8 and, sure enough, Denver parking is there to hand you a $25 ticket which would have cost you $2 if the meters allowed payment before 8. Restaurant is okay but they're at the mercy of horrible Cherry Creek parking. By the way, food was okay but two people on staff was quite limiting in providing good service once the restaurant filled up.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

In the spirit of the Olympics seemed the best way to rate the service we had when visiting here on Sunday, February 4. We were told there was a 20 minute wait and were seated about 50 minutes later (that happens so if that were the only thing the rating would not have been impacted). Once we sat down we were able to order pretty quickly. We never saw a wait person again. Other staff dropped our food off at the table and we were on our own after that. I finally got up and walked to our server and ask if we could get more coffee and told her we hadn't seen her since we ordered. She huffed and said she had a credit card get declined from another table - what that had to do with anything is beyond me - not to mention I wasn't looking for an excuse I was looking for coffee (and maybe a recognition that she had been remiss in the customer service area). She then went to another employee and they brought us coffee. My daughters fiancé indicated to that person that we had not seen our server since we ordered and she reiterated that she had been having difficulty with a declined credit card. I have never had that experience anywhere and definitely not in Denver. Don't bother as the service was so bad I don't even remember the food. I can very highly recommend Snooze - I have only been to the one in LODO but it NEVER disappoints on the food or service. (Share a pancake flight as a starter!)

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Syrup has traditional breakfast offerings - eggs and bacon, pancakes, omlets, etc. We liked it so much the first day, we came back again the next morning!I had the two egg breakfast with bacon, english muffin, and smashed tots, and then the next day switched the english muffin to wheat toast, and the changed the smashed tots to fresh fruit. All was very tasty, and the portions were quite large.