“Hipster Tacos”

Cuisines: Mexican, International
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We just had dinner here last night. If you are looking for traditional Americanized Mexican food (large portions, lots of cheese, etc), don't bother. What I did like as I am on a diet, were the smallish tacos which were described as coming with rice and beans. I did not mind the smallish and tasteful tacos, but rice and beans were served in these incredibly tiny cups that I would estimate as about 1/6 - 1/4 cup in size. The beer choices were Tecate and PBR (hipster) in cans.

The place has an outside patio, and a bar facing the patio with one of those trendy roll-up windows, so essentially the entire inside of the restaurant is exposed to the outside... I don't mind this, but the inside seating seemed to be infested with flies. I killed one with my napkin but two others kept buzzing around.... now I accept this as part of having that trendy roll-up window, but I will guess that there were more flies inside than on the patio... I would suggest this place get some sort of fly management system to control the fly problem.

My dining partner who likes margaritas, described her "house" margarita as "average". Nothing special despite the place being named "MARGS".
Located in Cherry Creek North, I am sure this place is targeting the "hipster" demographic and I would give it a Hipster rating of 7 out of 10.... based on the customers that fit the hipster description....
....maybe go there for drinks with friends.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I have gone to this location a few times now. I always go back for the unique fresh food, but there is ALWAYS a wait and not much room to wait around. Restaurant seems understaffed and since they are so busy, servers appear stressed.

Management is 2 thumbs down. We went the other night, had a reservation for 15 people and confirmed at the time of reservation (night before we would be tthere) we wanted to sit outside. When we showed up at exactly 6pm the next night for our reservation at 6pm, they had not set up our table because the girl who made the reservation from my office had not answered the phone that day to confirm. This was ridiculous! She was at work and was not able to confirm something she had made less than 24 hours in advance. The fact that we didnt even have a table set up was wrong and then the manager decided to put the blame on us for not answering the phone that day to confirm if we wanted to sit inside or outside. Horrible service. We had to wait a full hour for our table.

Management should go.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Horrible food - every dish overpowered by huge chunks of jalapeno. None of us ate but a bite of each dish served. The manager stopped by to ask how everything was and we conveyed our disappointment with the food. He didn't bother to adjust the bill - we paid full price. They apparently pride themselves on handmade tortillas, however, the ones we were served were so undercooked that they were like eating raw dough! The noise level (and it wasn't crowded on a Tuesday evening) was deafening. On a slightly positive note: the strawberry mojito was good and the have a decent patio for outside dining. Save your money, walk a few blocks to Machete where the food/drinks are superior!

Been to Marg's Taco Bistro? Share your experiences!