“Great First Meal”

Red Square Euro Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Square Euro Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #220 of 3,301 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$21 - US$35
Cuisines: French, Russian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 15 th
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We decided to try Red Square thanks to a Groupon. We liked the fact that the Groupon allowed for a shared appetizer, a main course each and a shared dessert. We’ve had some Groupons where there was way too much food. The food itself was great. We started with the pierogies which came 3 to the order and were tasty. We ordered the beef stroganoff and the hangar steak. I loved the beef stroganoff because it was more like sliced steak with a great mushroom sauce. Our dessert was a tort with coffee ice cream. They have a long list of vodkas you can order by the shot or carafe. We tried the fig and anise with the fig infused the clear winner. We tried one of the Russian bottle beers and really enjoyed the Porter. Our waiter, Joseph, was great.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

I'll start with our wonderful waiter, who was lovely but a little harried, and super cocktails. We had the Black Bear and the Brown Bear, I preferred Black, but both were good. The antipasto platter was good, but nothing to write home about, the presentation was cool, on a wood "slice." The spaetzle was alright, I wouldn't order it again, and my friend ordered ribs, they were pretty fatty, but tasted nice. The clientele was a bit on the older side, but we ate early before a show, I've heard the bar scene is often hopping.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I always love coming here, and pretty much always order the same thing. So I have little new to say. As usual, my lamb chops were cooked to perfection (rare as requested.) The one outstanding comment is about the dessert. We were using a Groupon that included dessert, and as has happened before, the only gluten free choice is sorbet. We asked our server to ask the kitchen to do a plate with sorbet and whatever else they had that was gluten free. They've done it for me before, and it was fabulous. Since it was my birthday I really wanted more than just a bowl of sorbet. The picture I am posting shows the beautiful creation they did for me, It really made my birthday special! My only criticism is the plain plating on the entrees. The plate is huge and the entree is only half the plate.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We had heard about this place from some friends so we thought we would give it a try for a special occasion. The service was average and the food somewhere between average and good. We had the specials which is usually a good bet, but in this case we were disappointed. The atmosphere was rather dark.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

My son and I chose this place online for our one dinner that we hadn't made convention plans for. It can be a little tough to find, it's tucked away in a non-obvious corner, but SOOO worth the effort. The food made this my best meal of 2017 so far. I had the "schnitzel" and my son chose the lamb, and we were both blown away. The service was exquisite and personalized. Of course, it was a slow weeknight. My only regret is that I am using an experimental drug that prevented me from sampling the vodka bar. It looked amazing.