“BIG pros and cons”
Review of Vesta

Vesta
Reserve with OpenTable
Vesta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 3,104 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 18th & 19th on Blake
Transit: 16th and Blake
Description: Bold flavors, inspired dishes, an intimate setting and expertly crafted cocktails make Vesta Denver's go-to dining destination. Here we celebrate Vesta, the Roman goddess of the hearth, through a menu created by Executive Chef Nicholas Kayser, a Colorado native who's culinary talents enhance our much-loved menu with creative interpretations and beautiful plating. At Vesta, we serve bold, sexy food from a menu that embraces seasonal, fresh ingredients. Vesta's dining room hums with energy from the guests who are drawn in by the menu of flavorful, ingredient-driven small plates and shareable, fire-grilled meats and vegetables served alongside Vesta's signature sauces. A warm, inviting vibe has always been the foundation of Vesta, and our food is complemented by a thoughtful, diverse wine list and cocktail menu offering both classic and creatively contemporary variations made with top local spirits. Vesta's wine list receives consistent recognition from Wine Spectator, and the Sommelier Journal as featured Vesta's barrel-aged cocktail program as a leader in the industry. Vesta has won dozens of awards including multiple years as Open Table's "Diners Choice," "Best 1st Date in Denver," "Best Bartender" and many others, showcasing our commitment to creating an unparalleled experience for our guests. Vesta is the go-to destination for diners celebrating special occasions, hosting visitors from out of town, or in search of the perfect weeknight spot to gather with friends Vesta truly embodies the essence of the hearth - a place where delicious meals are prepared and friends and family gather by the warmth of the fire.
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Well, this is a hard one to write but promised the manager I would tell it like we experienced it. I had eaten here several times before in the past 10 years but not since they have started a semi-new menu. My wife and I were entertaining long-term and close friends from Houston and wanted to impress them with our restaurant scene. Thus our gambit began. I had called ahead for reservations a week ahead and am glad I did based on the crowded tables by the time we finished our meal.

We were promptly seated and presented with the slender menu without the extensive sauce listings from prior dining experiences here. But, the thumping,noise level of the PA system was obnoxious. So when our waiter arrived, we gently asked it to be turned down after he took our drink order. He promptly did so and brought the evening manager over to discuss this request. The manager indicated that the owner insists on the pulsing, contemporary noise and offered to move us to a quieter section of the restaurant which was promptly accomplished. It was somewhat more quiet but still difficult to hold a normal conversation level discussion. Next, the meal entrees on the menu looked familiar and as usual, I ordered the venison. However, for starters, we ordered the combo plate of breads, cheeses and meats. These are served on a large plate with other savory items including candied pecans, sliced apple, with lovely sauces. Very delicious and plenty for almost a meal in itself.

We each ordered a different entree and the kitchen began preparation. Each entree looked lovely as it was served and my venison was simply stupendous for flavor and tenderness. The other dishes were also met with favor: the scallops, the lamb and the chicken were deemed to be delicious. We did not try any of the sauces available and I was sorry I had forgotten to order several to try once again. We all devoured our plates with great gusto.

Before dessert, the manager brought over a house special - Dragon's Breath!!! I don't remember the description about what it was except there were some macaroons and frozen strawberries looking lovely in their presentation. However, it was most novel with the dried ice used to cover the dish in fog and chill the plate. We then tried the strawberries and macaroons only to breathe smoke on our own. What a clever effect. I urge everyone to try this unique dish!!!

For dessert, two of us ordered the strawberry-lime sorbet. An ordinary dessert but delicious which certainly complemented a delectable meal. This despite the noise and thumping in the background from the too loud sound system.

I am not a restaurateur but I eat at restaurants all over the US and the UK.. I think an owner does a great disservice to their guests if they do not abide by a simple request to turn down the damned sound so guests can have a reasonable conversation during dinner. Despite the superior meal and excellent service, we cannot return in order to save our hearing ability.

1  Thank Robert M

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ordered 5 small plates and shared. They were larger than we expected. Food was outstanding. All staff was well versed with menu and ingredients. Moscow mule was a little on the sweet side which we didn’t care for, but overall excellent food and experience.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Went on a whim on a random Tuesday night with the boyfriend and felt like a total splurge. Honestly everything was absolutely fantastic, we're STILL dreaming about it. My only regret was I didn't take the waiter's advice and order the venison. Had the beef tartare (not for you if you don't like raw egg yolk and heavy on the capers, but i thought it was YUM), tuna poke, bucatini carbonara and the rack of lamb. Even if you don't enjoy lamb all that often, GET IT HERE. Delicious. Best for last : THE PORK BELLY. $3 each. Get 10 of them. We started with 4, ordered 3 more, and then ordered 3 to take away. Seriously. It was like dessert, like candy, like HEAVEN...cooked to perfection, melts in your mouth type of pork belly. Service was great. Hardly worth the mention but skip the dessert platter (underwhelming). I think with wine + cocktails + dessert and all of the aforementioned food the bill came out to $215ish

Reviewed 25 September 2017

They try too hard to put different ingredients into a standard dish and make it sound special when it is really more of the same. When seated the waiter told us to check out their great wine list, I've seen better wine lists at much less expensive restaurants, for what they are charging for a meal you should be able to accompany it with a great bottle of wine. For me it's not worth the hassle of risking your life going downtown.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

My adult son and I had a surprisingly good dinner at Vesta. The barrel aged cocktails were well thought out and served with an oversized ice cube. The food was creative, presented beautifully and tasted great. Service was also excellent. This is a place that doesn't miss any details. I will be back to try it again soon. Put it on your list. Well done!

Been to Vesta? Share your experiences!