“Classic diner”

Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sam’s No. 3™ was the third of five Coney Islands restaurants opened by Sam Armatas during the 1920′s. The original location was at 1527 Curtis Street in the heart of downtown Denver.On Sept. 28th, 1998, Sam’s son, Spero, with his grandsons Sam, Alex, and Patrick, re-established his most famous of the Coney Islands restaurants, Sam’s No. 3™. In honor of the age old tradition, they made a promise to each other to continue to provide excellent quality of food and embrace the inviting, warm atmosphere started by “Mr. Sam” more than 75 years ago!In April 2011, our little kitchen was featured on Food Networks "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives". We were selected because so many local fans had written. A must-stop on any trip to Denver.
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We searched out this neat little diner. We went there on 2 occasions on our recent stay in Denver. We first tried the waiter recommended items from the menu which were all good. I liked the way the menu had icons for which items were featured on DDD.

On the second stop it was before a Broncos game to start our tailgating experience and he bar was lively with games on the TV and the same great food available at the bar.

I also liked the cool blue Pepsi/ sams diner glasses which they offer for sale at 3 bucks..cool souvenir.

This is a good choice for chow in downtown Denver with reasonable pricing and fast service

Write a ReviewReviews (2,514)

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Priced right. Good location on foot. Good diner food. Saw lots of downtown activity. Good people watching. We enjoyed!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

A classic diner. Except with really good coffee. Eggs were well prepared with generous portions and sides. A perfect 'breakfast for dinner' type of place. I sat at the counter which proved enjoyable.

I hadn't realized this restaurant was apparently featured on Diners, Dives and Drive-Ins. Probably justified

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I had dinner at Sam's with a friend, and even at 9 in the evening, the place was packed! It's a sports diner/restaurant that offers an interesting assortment of American, Mexican, and Greek food (go figure!). There were a lot of people coming and going, as well as watching games, so don't expect to have a quiet meal here. The portions are pretty big, so sharing orders is totally fine. I definitely recommend having a deep fried flauta for dessert!

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

First visit here on a Saturday morning in the middle of a beer festival and a zombie weekend. Had to wait for one hour to get a table. I am so glad we waited.
This is a superb diner with amazing freshly cooked food served by a knowledgable and friendly staff. What's more impressive was when we went the following day again, our server Jimi remembered what we ate and drank and asked if we wanted the same!!
I was sorry to leave Denver because I had to leave Sams no 3 behind.