“Good Stay at Residence Inn - Excellent Location”

Residence Inn Denver City Center
Ranked #23 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Raleigh, NC
“Good Stay at Residence Inn - Excellent Location”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Great place to stay and convenient to 16th street. Breakfast and manager's reception are great. Staff was very friendly. I would have given it 5 stars, but my bed was stripped down and not made on the last night of my stay. Rooms are spacious and well decorated.

Room Tip: Top floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Alta Loma, California
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I was in Denver for training between December 18, 2011 through February 17, 2012 staying at the Residence Inn. I was far from my home in California. The staff at the Residence Inn truly made me feel like I was part of the family. Kelly, the Happy Hour bartender, was very sweet and was more than willing to go the 'extra mile' for any request. She went out of her way to find me a TV guide which was much appreciated. She also made it her job to make sure she knew everyone's first name and said 'Hello" every time she saw me and that is not the usual in most hotels. Jimmy, Sergio, the cook and the other (2) Hispanic gentlemen in the dining area made my breakfasts and dinners very enjoyable and stress free. They were prompt in removing my dirty dishes and made sure I always had everything I needed. The Front Desk associates, Ryan, Erin and a very nice black lady (I don't remember her name) were very helpful and kind with me any time I had a request no matter how often I called them. The Manager, Jeff, also helped me out with a situation that occurred during my stay. Although, he was unable to obtain an acceptable resolution, I applaud his attempts on my behalf. I attended the Mayor's Homeless Pajama Party during my stay and I had a wonderful time; I made sure to tell the guests of the party how wonderful my stay at the Residence Inn was and that I recommend it very highly. It is not often I go on and on about service but this was a new type of experience for me. This type of service is rare and should be celebrated. I want the staff of the Residence Inn to know that their efforts were noticed and truly appreciated.

Room Tip: The 15 th floor view is awesome!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Alanna4734, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Denver City Center was enjoyable.

Ryan Bayles-Gottehrer
Guest service supervisor
Residence Inn Marriott City Center
ryan.b-gottehrer@ridenver.com
303-296-3444
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This is such a great location - smack in the centre of Denver downtown but quiet just the way I like it. The suite was spacious and even had a full kitchen. I discovered a fantastic Mexican restaurant only a block away called Diegos Mexican Food and Cantina - with some of the best Mexica food I've ever tasted.
The staff were really friendly and nothing was too much trouble. With a huge buffett breakfast included in the tariff - this is seriously good value and a great place to spend a few nights before heading to the ski fields.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and that's what you'll get
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank AnnieTW
Florida
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We chose the Residence Inn because it was a short five-block walk to the Denver Convention Center where our two granddaughters had a volleyball tournament. This Residence Inn is fairly new, has an inside parking garage, and a good, free continental breakfast. Everything went well.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This one is located on Champa Street. It is a very good place to stay while you are on a vacation in Denver, CO. The location is close enough to the free trolley, 16th Street Mall, restaurants, and all. All rooms are suites and come with full kitchen, a microwave, and a refrigerator. It also gives free breakfast buffet and free happy hour snacks on weekend, which include a glass of wine. It was a home away from home when we took a vacation for Christmas. We really had a nice time...until I saw my credit card statement. I prepaided for the stay when I booked through Travelocity. I did not know exactly what had happened, but I saw another charge for the entire stay on my statement for the next month. I called my credit card company to resolve the issue, which it did. I had a pleasant time while I was staying there, but being charged twice left with a not-so-pleasant memory in my mind.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple