“Will Do Again!”

Cocktails and Creations
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Looking for a fun night out with friends while creating your own masterpiece? Looking for a night of creativity and camaraderie? Cocktails & Creations is the place to be. Paint, canvas and brushes provided, as is an experienced and enthusiastic local artist who will lead you through the process of recreating the featured artwork. First, sign up for a two to three hour painting session while enjoying wine (for inspiration), snacks, and other drinks with friends. In each session we will show you step-by-step how to create your own masterpiece that you can be proud of and take home at the end of the night. Don't worry if you can't even draw a stick person. You will depart at the end of the session with your own 16 x 20 inch acrylic painting on stretched canvas. This is not your average art class, this is art entertainment.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I had a great time and will go again and again! The staff was friendly and knowledgeable for first-timers.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

FUN FUN FUN. I'm someone who would break out in a cold sweat just before art class in grade school. Had a great time - great instructor. Do yourself a favor - do this!

Reviewed 30 March 2013

I wasn't in Durango long but was lucky enough to visit Cocktails and Creations. Everyone in our group enjoyed the selection of wines available, along with the great music and fun artist.. Our artist was Robin and she was just a blast, dancing while showing us all the key steps to creating our masterpieces! It's worth doing a C&C just to see whether you have hidden ability and heck, it sure beats sitting at home in front of the telly! It was a pretty full class and no, it wasn't just ladies (well done fellas), this is a great activity to do with your partner. Life is about experiencing new things. Cocktails and Creations in Durango is a great experience that runs ~3 hours. It will leave you with wonderful memories and a picture to hang and tell your friends about the fun night you had in Durango.

1  Thank Pete M
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Without a doubt, an amazing experience and memorable introduction to a new hobby! In a beautiful historic building that really inspires, great wine list for reasonable price, and super easy website to navigate and make reservations. The enthusiasm and creative energy shared by such visionary instructors gently guide you to your masterpiece regardless of your level of experience. The atmosphere was fun, carefree, and spirited. This is an awesome venue for any size group of friends, couples, or solo artists. Expect lots of laughs, lots of technique, and even a little self discovery.....all in 3 hours!!

1  Thank Angela P
Reviewed 27 March 2013

they seemed very nice initially, but they cancelled the class I was scheduled to attend due to not enough participants, which I completely understand. However, they did not notify me at all ahead of time. Luckily I chose to call them to confirm about 1.5 hrs before the scheduled time and learned the info. I still purchased an inexpensive piece of art from them which a decent retailer would have just given to me for my inconvenience and their lack of notification, but they seemed more concerned with closing up and leaving then apologizing or assisting me.

lorienaylor, Manager at Cocktails and Creations, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

We are so sorry that the class you signed up for was cancelled. Please remember that when you signed up, we mentioned that there was a high probability that because of low attendance, the class might be cancelled. We always give our guests a "heads up" if there is minimal attendance, so that they can keep the options for their evening open. We don't actually cancel until about an hour before the class, as is very common for guests register at the last minute.

When we reschedule our guests, we like to treat them to a glass of wine with their next class to acknowledge any inconvenience we may have caused.

That evening we gave you a full refund on your class. You decided to purchase a one of our amazing artist's paintings. I hope you understand that as a retailer we don't give away our inventory.

We wish you all the best and would love to have you join us again - and, don't forget to hit me up for that free glass of wine I owe you!