“All you can eat sushi1”

Sushi Katsu
Ranked #17 of 186 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

My family and I decided to try Sushi Katsu after receiving a coupon for buy one all you can eat and get one at half price. There is a huge variety of salads, appetizers, nigiri and rolls available. A huge bonus is that you can add speciality rolls (with the exception of 4) at no additional cost and there is no limit on the number of pieces per person. The only menu item that we would like to have seen is a roll or something available with soft shell crab. They did have a spider roll available for an additional cost but nothing for the all you can eat which we can only assume is due to cost. We tried the creamy jalapeno appetizer and it was amazing. The best thing we had all night. The crunch mushroom was pretty dang good also.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Menu is extensive and mind boggling! So many choices, and the best part is that it is all you can eat. It is $24.95 per person, but you can order anything off the sushi menu. We tried at least 25 different items and to tell you the truth it is all excellent. Their were 4 of us and we ate at least $300.00 of sushi.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

We overhead other guests at our hotel talk about this place so we decided to try it. We made the mistake of going on Valentine's Day. The restaurant opened at 4pm, we arrived at 5pm. They did not take reservations and the line was just about out the door. We got in line and learned there was no one taking names, so we waited. About 15 minutes later, an employee walked through the line taking names.

We waited, and waited. While in line, a woman walked in and said "don't worry, I called ahead". Apparently there was miscommunication amongst the staff because we called and were told no reservations yet call aheads were accepted? Well, the couple in line before us went up to the staff and complained. I also noticed three additional employees enter the restaurant during our hour long wait. Eventually, tables started turning and we were finally seated.

Our waitress was prompt, we ordered immediately, and the food started arriving shortly after that. The sushi was delicious, not too much rice which my husband loved because usually he takes off a whole bunch of rice so as not to fill up on "fluff".

So, after a long wait and bumpy start, this restaurant definitely pulled its act together and started running smooth. The food was good, the service great and the atmosphere was acceptable, not tremendous, but fine.

Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

This was great value for money the sushi and the hot food was great. Service was pretty good but I'm sure when it gets busy it would be slower.
The Restaurant isn't quiet and intimate it's all about the food and the company you are with. You get given lots of wasabi and ginger at the start which is a plus for me. Also I always have the habit of ordering to much so I end up walking out stuffed.
One thing get there early as they always seem to get busy.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

I am not sure that you should eat sushi to the point of being soooo stuffed that you can't move. We met with some friends that go here regularly. Expect $25 to $30 each person for all you can eat. You can get a Coupon from the neighborhood flyer for $30 per couple. This is a popular place, They had a steady flow of customers moving though all night. The were quick, courteous and attentive. They had a fabulous assortment of your favorites and then some. Be prepared to eat!

NOTE TO OTHERS: We normally order plum wine when we eat sushi, The waitress brought us a taste first because their plum wine is not the usual. That was really nice of her to forewarn us and offer a pretaste because we decided against it.

When we walk into a sushi restaurant we make note if it smells fishy... This place did NOT. Other reviewers also stated that the fish was very fresh.

Overall I think you should check this place out. You won't regret it other than you will eat way to much and have to be rolled out to the car when your done.

Enjoy!