“My Favorite Sushi Bar”

Ranked #42 of 186 Restaurants in Englewood
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean, Seafood
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Sonoda's at Park Meadows has been a favorite of mine for a few years now, and the food, service, etc. have always been top flight. My favorite, by far, is sitting at the small bar, where the accomplished and friendly chefs amaze with their skills, prepare samples and wonderful delicacies, and make dinner a friendly, curious, provocative experience!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Decided to try Sonada Ramen & Sushi. The menus says that they are "now under new management." This was our first time there so we didn't know the old management or what the possible issues were.

We got back from work late and had nothing out to cook so we got in the car and drove the 10 minutes over to Sonoda. I was in the mood for sushi and the girlfriend was up for something different.

it was a Wednesday night and it was not that busy. We walked right in and were seated immediately. They do advertise their happy hour which runs from 3:00pm to 5:30pm Monday through Friday. All beer, wine and hot sake is Buy One Get One free. Appetizers are 50% off, there are some exclusions, and their signature rolls are 20% off.

I ordered the California roll and the Fancy Spicy tuna roll. Both Rolls were well made and very fresh tasting. I would give them a "very good" for the rolls. My girlfriend ordered the Angus beef teriyaki entree which came with miso soup, salad and white rice. You can have fried rice for an additional $2.99. Hers arrived first and it looked really good. There was a plentiful portion of the beef and it also has some sauteed vegetables on the the side...mostly onions.. The only problem was that the beef was "cool" meaning not warm or hot. I don't know if that means it was prepared and left sitting out while my sushi was being made or if it was made way earlier and just sitting there. That is the reason of the the "Average" rating.

As mentioned earlier the service was fast, friendly and attentive. There is plenty of free parking.

If I am in the mood for sushi I will probably go back, but it may be by myself based on my girlfriends experience.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

The sushi was great, the service was initially very slow but we spent some time admiring the really fantastic fish tanks! We loved watching the sea urchin in the largest tank. That tank had a black light in it that made all of the fish and anemones glow! So neat!

We had sushi rolls and udon and it was delicious. There was Macha (green tea) Tiramisu that looked really great but we were stuffed.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Was a bit concerned by the 4 stars initially but tried for the first time and enjoyed the experience. Try the Red Dragon roll!!

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Great sushi, great customer service. I ordered two special rolls, Red Dragon Roll and one other Roll which I forgot its name. They both were awesome, and sashimi dinner (18pcs) was also awesome. The sashimi dinner was beyond my expectation. The cut was huge and the fish was fresh. It was amazing. We were so hungry to even take a picture. Definitely will come back!

Been to Sonoda's? Share your experiences!