“Perfectly Made”

Gaucho de Argentina
Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Erie
Price range: US$3 - US$36
Description: Authentic Argentinean empanadas, home made taste, imported pastry. We offer hot or a take and bake option. Wholesale also available
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I read about this Restaurant, Gaucho de Argentina, that specializes in one thing:
EMPANADAS!
My son manages a successful restaurant and the two of us made a trip to Erie from Louisville to try them out!
Very, very good!
We tried the chicken empanadas, the Colorado cheesecake ones and the Mac and Cheese!
All very interesting!
I loved the cheesecake one. It had cheesecake with cherries!
My son doesn't like dessert very much so he liked the mac and cheese and chicken ones best.
You can buy frozen empanadas by the half dozen. The 6 can be any mix of the varieties. It is great that you don't have to buy 6 of the same variety so my son took home 2 beef, 2 chicken and 2 Mac and cheese!
Other varieties also available are
Ham and Cheese
Spinach and Cheese
Chorizo and Egg

The cost is $3 each served warm to eat at the restaurant and $16 for a frozen half dozen.
When eating the savory ones in the restaurant you get a special sauce to use with it!

I must also say the kitchen was spotless and the owner/staff particularly endearing.

You must try!

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent empanadas! We picked up a variety to share with two other families. Kids and adults loved them.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

We were happy to finally taste these treats from Argentina, baked in Erie. We tried the Chicken Empanada, and it was delicious. We plan to return and try some of the other menu items. They also sell them frozen to take home and bake fresh. We always love finding new places like this that specialize in a cultural favorite like this. Thanks to Judy, she took the time to take care of us and answer all our many questions. Try it!

Reviewed 5 March 2017

What a find this little take out serving the best empanada's I have ever tasted. And the cheesecake stuffed with graham cracker toppings were amazing! WOW
We will be back every week.

Reviewed 11 February 2017

We love this place. I think we've now tried all of the menu items and the traditional options are definitely our favorite; but you just can't go wrong here.