“A New England Village Setting”

Cacciatore at Heller's Kitchen
Ranked #294 of 626 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Located in an "oasis" village-like setting surrounded by homes and condo developments, the outdoor atmosphere was cozy yet airy from the large patio. Inside, the brick-lined walls and expansive windows gave a warm, inviting welcome. Offered was a varied moderately priced wine selection, plus a full bar at which several were seated and dining since all tables indoor and out were filled. We had meatballs with a dense pasta, which was tasty but with no wow factor, and a lamb ragu, delicious tender gravied slow-cooked lamb over inch-wide noodles, accompanied by a rather ordinary salad. Our server mistook a half-bottle of wine in his description of a full-sized one, and was a bit too eager to take our order though we requested our wine served before ordering dinner, having asked us at least three times if we were ready to order. However, at my inquiry he checked with the chef and they concluded the lamb was a great choice. Overall, having just recently opened, I think it has great potential and worth returning.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We tried Cacciatore to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were very impressed. Service was great and the food was outstanding. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

My co-workers and I have been here twice in the last two months for work dinners. The atmosphere is pretty casual and the food hasn't disappointed. It has a nice wine selection; and a limited bar menu.

The seating is pretty tight in the restaurant, not the type of place to bring a highchair but there were families sitting out side enjoying the night air and the spacier seating.

We sat at the Chef's table last time, and it was okay. Seemed like a table just tossed in the corner of the kitchen; everyone was friendly but I kinda felt in the way.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Really love this place!! My wife and I shared a beat salad, chicken gnocchi, and the sausage pizza. Everything was fantastic!! Gnocchi is normally a let-down for me and tastes too doughy, but I loved the way it was prepared here. The restaurant has a nice ambiance and a great selection of local craft beers. Definitely worth checking out.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Fresh pasta was amazing- had an incredible experience! Excellent wine, fresh salads-my lamb dish was incredible! The lemon olive oil cake with lemon curd is a must have!

1  Thank EstherKay J