“Decent food; basic decor”
Review of Simply Thai

Simply Thai
Ranked #290 of 623 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 3 January 2016

We visited for lunch recently. Their portions are ample; we ordered our favorite -
Pineapple Fried Rice - Stir-fried jasmine rice with pineapple, egg, peas, carrots, yellow curry powder, raisins, cashews, onions, and cilantro. This dish is always tasty, and can be ordered in different degrees of spicyness. Although the menu states Diet Pepsi, they now have Coke products. We ordered two Diet Cokes (which we don't even like in the first place); they came back with one regular Coke and one barely full Diet, saying the machine wasn't working properly. Even though refills are included, of course there would be none on the Diet, and my husband was not even offered a refill on the regular. There was no offer of free drinks; I told them that at least one should be taken off, and they grudgingly did that. Overall, customer service was mediocre; friendliness could definitely be improved. This is a small, family run, low key restaurant. The decor is quite basic, there are tears in the booth seats, and the dishes are older stoneware. The menu offers quite a variety of noodle and rice dishes, and soups. As long as you don't expect gourmet presentation or fancy atmosphere, you can get decent food at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 19 December 2015

A sticky front door was the friendliest thing about the place. After we finally wrenched it open, the defensive waitress brought menus and water, then kept us waiting while she chatted with the cook. After being ignored for ten minutes, we walked out. Usually, I enjoy their food and the weekday lunch waitress is a gem, but the prices have climbed and the weekend staff was just rude. Save yourself the aggravation.

Reviewed 22 November 2015

Took a long time to get waited on even though it's a small place in a strip mall. The eggrolls were cold in the middle, but the waitress just said "she'd tell the chef." No follow up. Broccoli was also cold in the entrees. No refills of drinks or checking on how we were doing till the check came.
Sauce was ok. There are lots of other Thai and Vietnamese places that are better overall.

1  Thank Kate K
Reviewed 5 August 2015

This is a great place to get Thai food. Although I think Cafe de Bangkok's food is more "authentic", Cafe de Bangkok is really small, often crowded, and take too long for takeout. Simply Thai is a great place if you want consistently good Thai food, good service, and a good dining experience. I especially enjoy the pumpkin curry, which is sometimes a special. I also really enjoy their green and red curries, and their pad thai. They serve their food with either white rice, coconut rice, or brown rice. I come back here again and again.

Reviewed 23 April 2015 via mobile

I was there for dinner. It looks like a good place to grab lunch (specially since they run lunch specials) or carry-out, but unfortunately I can't recommend it for special occasions.
Food and service is OK; nothing wrong with it but nothing special either. No ambiance either. I guess my issue is that I've been to plenty of restaurants charging similar dinner prices but putting much more effort in the overall experience.

1  Thank Irene R