“Great Breakfast”

Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Message from Doug:Darn near everything we create is homemade and scratch-made. From the sauces, soups, browns, fries, potato chips, biscuits, syrup, and jams, to the meats, sausages, pickles and dressings. All done to provide you with the freshest and best tasting food anywhere.
Reviewed 29 January 2018

This has become our favorite breakfast place when visiting my brother in Fort Collins. He has enjoyed their food for years, now we look forward to eating there each visit. The portions are very generous, the food has all been prepared exactly as requested, the home made jams are wonderful! This is a great place to eat. However, unless you get there early be prepared to wait for a table as all the locals know how good the food is and they stay busy no matter what day of the week you visit. However, it is well worth a short wait. Not only will you enjoy the food but the service is exceptional!

1  Thank Timothy B

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Very crowded, had to wait for a table - nothing new there so it was expected. Our waitress was fantastic given how busy she was.

I ordered the "Cowboy" - a scramble of sorts involving three different meats. I asked for triple the bacon instead of three different meats and wound up with almost no bacon. Certainly not three meat's worth. Very disappointing.

$25 for breakfast for two and one of us had water. It's no worse than anywhere else around here, but it's no better either. I would eat here again if someone else really wanted to, but I wouldn't choose to go back on my own. Nothing against the place, just pricey and blah.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Very very warm inside, we were actually sweating, yes we did take off as many layers as possible, lol. Food was excellent, had papas abadova(may not be spelled correctly ) a lot of food, good good. Red chili is really good. Other family members said the green chili is really good, actually green chili(we are from New Mexico). Biscuits, well they are like nothin you have ever had. Young hostess was very happy but did not know what she was doing and can not spell. May need to think that choice or train her a bit more. Glad to have you here in Greeley.

1  Thank Cat B
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We are empty nesters and tend to frequent many restaurants. However, we have developed personal favorites based on quality of food, service and pricing. Doug's Day Diner in Fort Collins has been one of our "go to" locations because it meets our criteria very well. I do not give it five stars simply because of it's non-descript decor.
We were also really pleased to notice that they have extended their hours to service dinner, which we tried this week.
Very pleased by the extended menu, pricing and the ability to order from the breakfast and lunch menus. We appreciate choices, and I consider breakfast a "religious experience," thus always interested in breakfast items for dinner.
The portions, as usual, were more than enough. The service attentive and cordial, the background music nor overbearing, and the cost very reasonable.
We understand that Doug will be coming to Windsor. Guarantee you will see us there, frequently, and taking advantage of take out.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I accidentally reviewed this Doug's Day Diner when I thought I was reviewing the one in Loveland. So I went here, to Fort Collins location, to check it out.
I like the Fort Collins location better, calmer atmosphere, nice pictures on walls. The service was very friendly and efficient. I ordered the Clint omelet, it was very good, and all the ingredients were fresh. My husband got the Hillbilly breakfast, he loved it.
The menu has inventive items, not the same old things. My omelet was stuffed with fresh spinach and bacon. Their bacon is so good!