“Pizza by the Slice”

Uncle Vito's Too
Ranked #337 of 626 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 6 April 2015

Basically stumbled upon this place while looking for a last minute meal. About 7:30 on a Friday. Although there were options for a whole pizza we weren't looking to wait long. Two of us ordered pizza by the slice and the other two hot dogs, chips & a drink ($5 special).

The choices for by the slice were cheese & pepperoni. We tried both. Under $2 each. I also was able to order a beer. They had 3 different New Belgium choices. Could have had a few more options, but I enjoyed mine.

Pizza came out first about 10 more minutes before the hot dogs. One plate by the slice had one slice, the other had two slices that were a bit smaller in size.

Overall the pizza was quite average. Not to fresh at 7:30. He said the hot dogs were just like most. Friday night I thought it would be a busier place. There was only one other table of guests. Server was polite. I would have liked to have been served altogether.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

It’s never a good sign when a restaurant repeatedly contacts me asking for a review.

While it’s nice of them to think of me, I politely thank them while declining the invitation, then direct them to my ethical guideline page. These guidelines are my food writing bible. I don’t visit restaurants for reviews upon invitation – I come when they least expect it. I don’t meet with chefs before I eat, I don’t chat up the general manager before I order. I pay for my own meals – The Coloradoan doesn’t pay my way nor do they tell me what to write, and restaurants don’t give me comped meals in exchange for reviews. I’m a renegade writer who calls her own shots. With an honest opinion, I tell it like I taste it.

It’s always interesting when a restaurant asks me to come by for a review, because I will share my honest opinion and I’ll tell it like I taste it, regardless of the invitation. Just because I’m asked, it doesn’t mean it will be a great review or that I’ll even show up. This is a case in point. Uncle Vito’s Too came into a pizza saturated market with promises of the best pizza in the city. While not terrible, they didn’t live up to the hyped expectation.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Went with my familly of 5 to this small pizza place, in Fort Collins. Surprisingly this mom and pop pizza joint, knows what their doing!! We have been looking for our kind of pizza place. We found it!! See you next time.