“Beats Driving to Loveland”
Review of Empire Palace

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Empire Palace
Ranked #418 of 666 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

We love buffets and the only Chinese one we know of is in Loveland so we were happy to stumble upon this. Went for the lunch buffet on a Saturday. Food was good. Not a giant selection but decent enough. The desserts were terrible. Hard as a rock stale, all of them. This place is nothing great but we would come back.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

Good Chinese food is hard to find in Fort Collins/Loveland area these days. Too oily and too sweet to please American palate is the norm. So when we decided to try this new place for lunch, we were skeptical. First surprise was the long menu with many old names that I have not seen in a while plus some exotic Chinese plates I won't dare to try ! We cautiously ordered Hunan Chicken and Mangolian beef, both of which turned out very good. This place is may not be known considering it was almost empty, or take out is more common considering calls they were getting. But this place is worth trying because we were impressed with our first visit, and will come here again to try something new. And yes about the waitress - I believe they have a language and American culture problem. She was abrupt and was avoiding conversation making a wrong impression. No other complaint about service. She was prompt. So be patient !

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

It took an hour for them to deliver my food. It was cold, soggy, and the taste made me gag- I ate hospital food for a year and a half and this was worse.

The service was disappointing. I called after waiting 30 minutes. She said the driver was on the way. I called again 45 minutes later. She said he was very far away and I'm pretty sure she didn't even bother to apologize. He finally showed up after 55 minutes, gave me the food, said "thanks" without even looking at me, and then walked away.

I'm calling them in the morning to get my $16 back, and at the very least the tip. They deserve an extra penny at best.

I'm blown away that this is business is driving itself nose down into the ground. This is Colorado. People here enjoy their weed and I know they have munchies. I hope they get new management because no soul should have to taste such filth.

Reviewed 12 April 2016

I was curious why this place was rated so low, so I opened it up to check the reviews, and am glad I did! Looks like most people thought their food was good but were rating poorly because of slow delivery service. I solved that by ordering take out and was very happy with the experience. They quoted me 25 minutes but the food was ready in about 15-17 minutes. The BBQ Pork Buns were really good, and I normally am not a big fan of them. I also ordered the Honey Walnut Shrimp, which was very tasty and very filling and the shrimp were a really good size. The Sesame Chicken was really good, too, both fresh and reheated. The sauce was really tasty! For $25, I got two entrees, one including shrimp, and the pork buns. The prices were very reasonable!

The boy waiting on me was really sweet and very friendly. I would definitely eat here again and hope more people give them a try!

Reviewed 26 February 2016

This place is horrible, completely messed up my order because the guy seemed like he had something so much better to do then to take my order. Paid 30 dollars for them to give me not a single thing right. Then the owner who can not speak English at all tried to blame me for the order being wrong, I tried to explain how who ever took the order barley gave me the time of day. They must have been related because they both had the same piss poor customer is always wrong attitude. It took me 30 minutes of arguing for them to agree to give me the food they were supposed to give me in the first place. Then no bye, thank you, sorry. She just hangs up. I have to call back to see how long it will be and she got the order wrong again then tells me "Another hour" HANG UP!!!!! Now I sit here 1 hour later still dreaming of noodles and have still not gotten anything.
IN SUMMERY-
I would rather have a panda crap in my mouth then ever think of ordering from them again.

1  Thank Samantha C