Lowest prices for your stay
CandlewoodSuites
SAVE US$10
PricelineUS$85
Hotels.comUS$85
Expedia.comUS$85
All reviews stocked with dishes front desk full kitchen definitely stay here again room was clean coffee maker first floor great room property dvr cupboard sooper lending squeamish refrigerator stove csu
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2020

This is our second stay at Candlewood Suites in Fort Collins. We are never disappointed in the affordability, cleanliness, size of the rooms, parking availability and location to many restaurants. This is the perfect layover before traveling on the next day. Thanks for another perfect night in Colorado.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 26 October 2019

We stayed here 5 nights while looking at property. The room was clean and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The refrigerator was full sized. There was a microwave, stove, hair dryer and cupboards were stocked with dishes, glasses, silverware, pots and pans. The coffee maker was motel room size, but free coffee is also available downstairs. If you want a tea kettle, rice cooker, full size coffee maker, blender, etc, they have a lending "library" of such items near the lobby. They do not have little sample sized shampoos, etc unless you buy them. The shower has shampoo, conditioner and body soap dispensers.

The shower was hot and had great pressure. The service was good. If you wanted something, they took care of it. They do not have daily maid service, but you can request new sheets and towels.

For the squeamish, it is good to know that there are two cell towers nearby.

They do not serve breakfast since you can make it in your room. Across the street is a King Sooper that has all the groceries you might want and up the road is Lucky's which has almost all organic items.

My only complaint (which is very minor) is that the placement of the couch precludes sitting on it to watch TV, so if there are two of you, one sits in the recliner and the other on the bed (or both on the bed).

We had a DVR in our room that whined all night long, so we mentioned it and by the end of the day we had a new DVR that was perfectly quiet. That's service!

We will definitely stay here again. Oh, and our room had great sunrise views.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Kathy L
Reviewed 11 October 2019 via mobile

This is a great place for an extended stay. The front desk staff are friendly, there’s a grocery store across the street and you’re a five minute drive from CSU. The only drawback, the in-room shampoo/conditioner stink so bring your own!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2019

This hotel is very clean and seemed like the perfect place to stop a night on the road. It is in town but not too far from the highway, and there are many restaurants and shopping areas near the hotel. We would have had a perfect 5-star stay, however, there was an extremely disturbing incident at 1 AM while we were sleeping.

My husband, 2 year old and I were in the bedroom and my mother was sleeping on the pull-out sofa in the living room area of the ro om. At 0100 my mother heard a key card unlock the door, and a STRANGE MAN OPENED THE DOOR TO OUR ROOM. Luckily we had the stop-lock engaged on the door and he could only open it a few inches. My mother ran into the bedroom to get me and my husband, and the unknown man was slowly opening the door to get into our room when we came out of the bedroom. When he saw us, and saw he couldn't get the door all the way open, he shut the door. My husband tried to go out after the man (after throwing on shoes and grabbing a kitchen knife) but our room was the last in the hall, next to a staircase with the bottom floor opening to the outside of the hotel and the first floor hallway, and another story above ours, so the guy could have gone anywhere. My husband could not find the intruder.

When my husband went out the door I called the front desk to report the intruder. We verified we still had the two key cards from our check-in, and the young man at the front desk said he didn't give out any additional key cards to our room. But, a strange man had access to our room, and if my mother had not been sleeping in the living room and we had not had the extra lock protection engaged, he would have entered our room and who knows what would have happened. Without my mother on the sofa bed he could have come all the way into the room without my husband and I knowing since we were in the bedroom with the door shut.

No way someone just checked in and got the wrong key card at 0100. And, since the front desk said they didn't issue the card it must have been someone with a master copy (maintenance or housekeeping) or someone with the ability to make key cards. The night desk man said there was NO SURVEILLANCE inside or outside the building to see who might have tried to get into our room or to see where they went (did they go into another room? Did they leave the premises? Were they an employee?). This was a very frightening experience and has negatively impacted my view of this hotel as safe for families. At the very least I would use any and all lock protections any time anyone is in a room here, but I would suggest single women and families steer clear completely until the hotel can address this and ensure that everyone is safe. Strange men entering rooms at 1 AM is not safe or acceptable, nor is a complete lack or surveillance to ensure the safety of hotel guests as they sleep.

Date of stay: September 2019
3  Thank PandoraTexas
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2019

Dear PandoraTexas,

We appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay.

I am very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the level of service your have received. On behalf of our hotel I apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced. I have sent you a private message to reaffirm my apologies.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 18 September 2019

What a fantastic price for this great room! It was so nice to have the full kitchen available because we are not early risers. The room was spotless and the bed was super comfy. Even the staff there was amazing, so friendly and accommodating. We will definitely stay here again!

Room tip: Hotel has 3 floors. Request top floor. We had a busy toddler above us.
Date of stay: September 2019