1,232 results
All reviews teddy roosevelt ceiling fan there is no air conditioning historical hotel roosevelt suite grand old hotel hot springs across the street christmas decorations lots of history coffee shop step back in time historic charm modern amenities outdoor bar vapor caves fire pit
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

The rooms are falling apart! This beautiful old place desperately needs restoration. However, the location and main parts of the hotel and grounds provide a memorable experience. The staff were nice, a fire in the main lobby was lit. The flower boxes were pretty and the fires in the front area provided a delightful place to relax, enjoy a cocktail and visit with people. Sure hope they do some work on the rooms.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2018

First up, I've been here a number of times and have always enjoyed it. So I was shocked when we checked in to see how much they have "sold off" of the period furniture. The hallways are barren empty wastelands of old carpet. There are barren walls everywhere where the pictures and relics have been taken away. It all looks very empty and sad. What's left is not clearly taken care of. There are places where entire carpets were ripped up and nothing put down. The rooms still have no air conditioning but we went in winter. The rooms have no way to set temperature, its a steam heat with a metal radiator. All you can do is turn off or on. On is MORDOR and you will need to keep the window open all night. Off is artic and you will shiver all night. I took my 76 year old mom for her birthday hoping she would love the historic hotel but was embarrassed at how run down it looked. The grounds are severely neglected. IT needs a significant influx of funds just to maintain. You know this is not the Marriot but its beyond sad.

Now lets talk about the horrible service. I paid upfront for two nights. Oddly the morning we were leaving I got a bill for TWICE the amount. I immediately went to resolve with the front desk who apologized they had no idea what happened but their billing system is OLD and falling apart and so the desk clerk apologize and tried to fix and promised the credit of the double charge. A week later, no credit. I called again and got more apologies an excuses about how terrible their billing system was. Instead of the promised credit I got charged EIGHT MORE TIMES!!! $1500 was CHARGED. Still no credits. At this point my credit card company blocked all charges as clearly there was fraud and recommended I reach out to the Glenwood police as someone was literally charging the card over and over and over. Turns out their HOTEL MANAGER had no idea how to work the ancient billing to provide the CREDIT I was owed from the previous double charge. After SIX phone calls, finally got all the charges removed and a WEEK later got all the credits back. How long did this all take? A MONTH.

How about service at the hotel? Horrible. We ordered some tea in the hotel coffee shop and there was only one person working on a Saturday morning. She was the slowest person I've ever seen. Its like she kept forgetting 1) there were customers in the shop, and 2) what she was being paid to do. At first I thought she was new but no, she's been there for months. She clearly doesn't belong there and was really irritated to make a coffee.

Why not give this 1 star? Because the hotel is still historic. Its worth seeing and imagining the hey days. Its sad they have just let it ruin in both service and grounds. Will never go back as it just will break my heart.

Room Tip: DONT get a room that faces the courtyard as it ECHOS all night with every conversation of every drunk idiot lurching around at 2 am
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank isthatyourdog
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Built in 1888 and visited by distinguished characters such as Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft the "Unsinkable" Molly Brown, Hotel Colorado harkens back to earlier Western days. A beautiful old structure, and a must stay if spending the night in Glenwood. Walk across the street to the marvelous hot springs pool!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank coloradokristine
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Stop crying that the place isn’t as buttoned up as a Marriott or Hilton Gardens. Teddy Roosevelt slept here fer crisssake. Soak up its phenomenal history and cozy lobby. Still, my wife’s eggs were overcooked. How hard is it to prepare eggs?

Stay here, be a part of history, but eat bfast elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2018

There’s a fine line between a historic hotel and an old hotel. This hotel has a nice facade but is in great need of some real updating. Over looking that there is no coffee makers or mini fridges in the rooms, the beds were too soft, the sheets kept coming off the corners during the middle of the night, and the real kicker for me was the shower, an old shower head with water pressure that felt like I was standing under a hose at half power. Alerting the front desk on the first day did nothing. My stay was 4 nights. I have stayed at the best western in Glenwood and was very happy there.

Room Tip: Not worth the money
Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business