“Beauty in a stinky place”

Glenwood Hot Springs Pool
More attraction details
Owner description: Located between Aspen and Vail, you'll find the World's Largest Hot Springs Pool. The Ute Indians called it Yampah, meaning "big medicine." Soothe your muscles after outdoor activities year round. The large pool is kept at a comfortable 90°- 93° F and the smaller therapy pool averages about 104° F. Additional amenities include a lodge, spa, athletic club, grill and shopping. Relieve muscle and joint pain, or just relax and feel the wonder of a soak in our hot springs. Soaking in hot, highly concentrated mineral water has many health benefits. Increasing body temperature helps the body naturally kill harmful germs and viruses, eliminate toxins, and increase blood flow. The absorbtion of essential minerals gives the body a natural boost. You will feel the difference within minutes of stepping in. Jump in the large pool, at over 400 feet long, and "cool down." Swim laps or practice your form on the diving board. Water slides, mini golf, and kiddie pool are available in the warmer months. Bring your own cooler and snacks, or stop by the poolside Grill to grab a bite.
Reviewed 5 December 2017

The views are amazing and the entire town is beautiful with friendly locals. A trip to Glenwood Springs is incomplete without visiting the hot springs.

It feels almost orthopedic, it's incredibly relaxing that you just melt in the hot springs, quite literally it feels too. (very warm water)

It stinks, but all hot springs will, sulfur smells like rotten eggs.

Treat yourself and take a dip in natures hot tub.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,339)
All reviews
"changing rooms"
"relaxing experience"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

This is the classic and historical retreat and it’s not been open for so many years on accident. It’s beautiful and relaxing. Not as intimate, but love the variety of water temp between the two pools (and as you move down the larger pool).

1  Thank sheepherder9
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Nice pool experience, a must visit at least once in your life. Water makes you feel dry post but it's nice being in there. Expensive for me as I can only handle being there for 1-2 hours and its about 20 bucks. Be sure to bring a water bottle with you. When I passed through town I went to the hot springs and after drove 10 minutes down the road - west bound to a nice little town called New Castle and stayed there for the night- it's a more quite town and next time I will bring my golf clubs to try out the gold course north of New Castle.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

My wife, daughter (7 yr old) and I spent a day at the Hot Springs Pool in October on our family road trip. All of us really enjoyed the pool and facilities. Our daughter spent hours going off the diving board and we all had fun relaxing, swimming and playing in the pool. I had been there as a child and remembered it tasting and smelling pretty bad. I was pleasantly surprised to find that that is no longer the case. We also spent a little bit of time in the really hot therapy pool but it was a little warm for us (especially the end furthest from the large pool). We ate lunch there at the little restaurant and it was really good at a surprisingly reasonable price. We'll definitely come back to Glenwood and the Pool some October in the future (not crowded, nice weather, good time).

1  Thank FlyingBuffs
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

This was our first trip to Colorado and stopped here on our way to Aspen. Loved the experience , the swim shop is insanely over priced with high end bathing suits and I couldn’t find anything I liked for $100-200 (of course) so we went to Target and I grabbed an awesome suit for $40. The locker room was super cramped and getting dressed was uncomfortable because everything was wet and there was very limited seating. The lady at the register gave me some bad vibes, just not a very nice person and didn’t do anything to make us feel welcome, made us feel stupid for not having quarters for a locker, lol, young dark haired girl. Otherwise this was a cool spot.

2  Thank TLK_1980