“Awesome rooms, nice hotel....but reservations were complicated” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Glenwood Springs

Residence Inn Glenwood Springs
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Denver
“Awesome rooms, nice hotel....but reservations were complicated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I called to get reservations the first of the week for Friday and Saturday evening. The male receptionist stated they had Jr. Suites available. I stated I would call back after checking one other place. I called back within 10 minutes and spoke to a female receptionist and wanted to reserve a room. she told me there were no available rooms for the dates I chose. I informed her that I just spoke to someone else who stated there were. She apologized and said there were no rooms. I looked online and it showed there were still rooms available on their website, so I called back. I was transferred to a male again after explaining what it shows online and he stated that they do actually have a room. I booked the room and asked for a top floor room, as I can't sleep with people walking around on top of me. Sleep is very important to me due to my medical condition. The male stated that I would have to call back Friday morning and they would know more about what rooms would be available. I called Friday morning at approximately 9:30AM and spoke to a female receptionist and told her what I was instructed to do. She said there were no notes in the computer reference a request for top floor and said it was "silly" for the guy to tell me to call back the morning of. She said she would have a room on the top for me. I arrived and checked in around 3:30PM and they assigned me a room on the 3rd floor which I assumed was top floor. After a while in the room I realized there are 4 floors. The first night was ok, but the second night the person/s above sounded like a a herd of elephants until at least midnight. I couldn't sleep until after 2AM, and the people were back at it around 7AM above us. I was very irritated. When I checked out, I told the woman at the front desk that I was upset that I wasn't given a top floor, especially after TWO attempts and requests! She looked up my room #324 and said there were NO notes requesting a top floor. She didn't give two hoots! Try living with MS and a sleeping disorder and see if you would pay more attention to your customers requests! There is a reason some people request what they do. The rooms were AWESOME though and I was very impressed with everything else. Not sure if I will return, due to not knowing for sure if my request will be honored. I spend lots of money on hotel rooms and expect to get what I'm promised, or act like you give a hoot when a mistake was made.

Room Tip: Get a name of who you spoke to if you request anything special
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Residence Inn Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Dear dustytrader,

Thank you for taking the time to identify for us an opportunity to fine tune our service and provide an even better experience for our guests. I am looking into the issue with regards to your reservation complications and specifically why the miscommunication about your room location request. I was very happy to hear that you otherwise enjoyed your stay and that our team and facility exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your return trip next time you visit Glenwood Springs!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

After seeing the way I rely on Trip Advisor for selecting hotels and restaurents, my husband got on board and selected the Residence Inn as we traveled to see some national parks. The hotel is new and the rooms are very comfortable. It has everything we need--frig, TV, sofa, roomy bed and bathroom. It is also quiet, which we appreciate.

Great place to stay in Glenwood.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
riglenwoodgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Dear Caspian,

Great to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott. Our entire staff thanks you for taking the time to give us your feedback. All of us look forward to your return trip to the Glenwood Springs area!!
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

The Residence Inn in Glenwood Springs, CO is indeed fabulous. This location holds the #1 or #2 spot on TripAdvisor at any given time, and with our experience I can see why. Don't let the big name fool you. Marriott has done a wonderful job of making this place chic with its own personality while maintaining the mountain canyon feel. Nestled just below a gorgeous mountainside three minutes from downtown, it's located near Glenwood Meadows, an outdoor mall that includes a Target, Sports Authority, boutiques and a few smaller restaurants. In spite of its location, you never feel like you're selling out, as it's a comfortable yet convenient distance from the hotel.

Right away you notice the trendy decor and the attention to cleanliness. Our room was very clean and comfortable- we were able to relax without the feeling that someone else had just stayed in our room. Everything is very modern...a kitchen with granite counters, LCD TV and Wi-Fi that actually functioned as advertised. The staff was amazing and very courteous. We received a call the first evening checking to see that everything was up to par.

The workout facilities & pool- which we did NOT use during our stay- was what you would expect from a Residence Inn property. Very clean upon appearance and modestly appointed. It was quite warm during our stay, but there is an outdoor fireplace to warm you up on chilly evenings.

The included breakfast was delicious, and not what one might expect without having to shell out an additional $25 or more. There was an excellent variety of food available...cereals, yogurt, fruits, waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy and more. The staff did a great job of replenishing the supply. The breakfast area was bustling the morning we were there, but the guests were pleasant and the staff was accommodating.

I am sure one could find something to critique about this location. Yes, it is corporate, and yes, it is indeed a newly constructed hotel. With the location and the very pleasant atmosphere, The Residence Inn in Glenwood Springs lives up to billing.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
riglenwoodgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear Michael_J_Ames_CO,

All of us at the Residence Inn Glenwood Springs can not "Thank You" enough for your spectacular review of the hotel. It means so much to the staff and I that your stay exceeded all your expectations. We look forward to accommodating you and your family in the near future. Best wishes for safe travels!!
crudblue
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

I still like the room and location, but they do not serve wine at the evening reception now. The web site fact sheet still lists it as an amenity. Not sure what they will cut corners on next.
Buena Vista is just as far from home, maybe we'll try that town for our next hot springs get away.

Room Tip: Paying $15 more for a third person was worth the private bathroom access.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank crudblue
riglenwoodgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Dear Crudblue,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your most recent stay as much as in the past. We pride ourselves on presenting all our guests with the utmost in value. Our team is looking into your concern and we will have an action plan ready shortly. The Staff and I look forward to accommodating you again on your next trip to Glenwood Springs.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

Love staying at this hotel in Glenwood Springs-newer hotel, indoor hot tub/pool, close to some great restaurants (Double dog Pub, Chili's, NY style pizza and a Starbucks!) and shopping (Target, natural grocery, Petco). And the bonus, they let you bring your dogs. The hotel is less than a 10 minute drive from the incredible Glenwood hot springs pool, 30 minutes from Sunlight ski area and less than an hour from the glitz and glamor of Aspen.

Breakfast buffet in morning is huge with lots of fresh food choices-the staff work incredibly hard to keep the food coming and to make sure the warm items stay that way-warm.

The rooms are well mainitained, have kitchenettes with full size refrigerator, plates, cups, utensils, dishwasher, flat screen tv's and very comfortable beds.

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the past 3 years and continue to come back because we love to visit Glenwood!

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suite a must for those traveling with kids-you get your own space, they get their own spac...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Proudcsuram
riglenwoodgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Proudcsuram,

All of us at the Residence Inn by Marriott want to "Thank You" for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy that our hotel has exceeded your expectations on your trips to Glenwood Springs. Best wishes for safe travels and hope to see you soon!!