“Authentic Katmandu experience?”

Nepal Restaurant
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Dear locals and visitors, We are closing this fall for about a month starting October 5th til November 16th of 2014. Thank you for all your continued support and sorry for the inconvenience. We will be renovating the space during this brief closure. Thank you, Sincerely, Nepal
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

TripAdvisor indicated that the place closes at 10pm, while the sign at the door says 9:30pm. We got there around 8:30 and it took a while to get service. The lady was rushing us after handing the menus as she wanted to pass the orders to the kitchen before 9; she was standing right there and staring at us. I think it is an authentic Katmandu experience. Food was okay, chai tea was good. Expect low service quality and smaller food portions.

1  Thank Bobur Y

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Trip advisor says they close at 10:00pm. We came at 8:45pm. Our server was a Nepali lady, who wanted us to order within the first 10 seconds. When we asked for a few more minutes she said kitchen would close at 9:00pm!!! When closing time is 10pm. Right after we have ordered a beer and said we would be ready in a minute, the beer was already there, without the lady leaving (bartender brought it). I went there for momos and was told they were aout, which is hard to believe. I know it takes a little longer for momos (steamed dumplings). I wasn’t sure she was honest though. We could tell that they didn’t want us there. She didn’t leave and kept staring at us. It was so awkward and uncomfortable.
I have been in a restaurant business for a few year, and I know how it is to get a table 3 minuets before closing. But I have NEVER been this RUDE with my customers. After all these happened I just didn’t wanna eat anymore. This is my ONLY one star review ever. And it was THAT BAD!
However, there was an American lady, she was super nice and she was the one who mostly did take care of us, refilled the drinks. Thank YOU!
The food was okay...
Overall, I had a horrible experience and don’t think I will ever come back.

1  Thank Gulnoza I
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve eaten at several restaurants that serve this type of cuisine, but nothing matches Nepal Restaurant. I even have a favorite I really enjoy back home, but we always stop here for dinner whenever we are in Glenwood Springs. The owners are super nice people also. Some of their best dishes are the curry, masala and vindaloo. The Chef’s Special for an appetizer is not to be missed. Order the naan too, great for dipping in the sauces.

1  Thank N1552JPwalterc
Reviewed 18 July 2018

7 of us ate here, it was some of our first time eating Napalese food.
The staff were very friendly and made us very welcome.
The food was delicious, Highly recommend the Chicken Chow Chow.
Due to the local forest fires , the power went off during the meal, which was amusing
And added to the atmosphere. If you're in the area, I would highly recommend it.

2  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 15 July 2018

Very disappointing considering the reviews. Either this place has people inflating the reviews OR they have different cooks who do not know what they are doing. Very small portions for the price, the food was not impressive in any way, the service was lacking...took a long time for the waitperson to notice both our waters were empty. The picture is a good example of what you get for a FULL PRICE ENTREE. We shall not return.