“Highlight of our Colorado adventure!!!”

Glenwood Climbing Guides
Ranked #11 of 15 Tours in Glenwood Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Glenwood Climbing Guides is ready and eager to help you get outside and climb rock or ice. All ages and abilities are welcome. Guiding half and full day climbing trips in Glenwood Canyon, Rifle Mountain Park, Unaweep Canyon and beyond. We can help you, your family or group have an exciting and memorable experience. In the winter, we offer ice climbing in Rifle Mountain and elsewhere on the Western Slope as well as rock climbing on most days, weather permitting.
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Sarah our guide was amazing. My wife and I have have been indoor climbing for a year and a half and she pushed us past what we thought we could accomplish. Mike, the owner, was super helpful in setting up the trip and really easy to work with. The entire experience was nothing but positivity. Many of Mike's other guides were out there with another group and super friendly. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for an adventure with some good people leading you along the way.

MikeGlenwoodSprings, Owner at Glenwood Climbing Guides, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thanks Ben! I'm so glad you had a great time. Sarah is awesome and it was great seeing you out there that day, doing more than you thought you could do! Come climb with us again! Plenty more to do!

All reviews
"vail"
"glenwood"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 24 June 2017

This was a perfect experience for us (Family of four, with 2 girls age 12 & 14). We spent the day at Rifle Mountain State Park with Sarah our guide. Sarah was an amazing guide. She is extremely professional and has a great attitude. She taught our girls everything they needed to know to stay safe and motivated through out the day. She set up multiple climbs with varying difficulty all within the same general area, which helped us to maximize our time on the rock. While I'm sure all the guides at Glenwood Climbing are great, I would highly recommend Sarah!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

I went on this climbing adventure with two of my favorite people and it was awesome. Our climbing guide's name was Mary.. aka Wonderwoman/beast... can't say I wasn't jealous of her traps/biceps/triceps/deltoid...okay okay... the whole shebang... maybe instead of long distance running the past 18 years...should have done climbing.. lol anyways, it was a great time. Had fun with a new sport, thinking about practicing it at a gym since I live in Chicago, great guide...very professional,down to earth, positive,and the encouraging. The owner Mike was professional and friendly as well. He answered all my e-mails and phone calls in a timely manner and reviewed everything I should know. Would definitely go again. I had so much fun!

MikeGlenwoodSprings, Owner at Glenwood Climbing Guides, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Glad to hear you had such a great time! I'll second what you said about Mary - she is awesome and a total beast!

Happy climbing!

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Working with Glenwood Climbing Guides is super easy. They contacted us about a week before our trip and asked us about our comfort level and climbing skills. Garrett picked us up at our hotel and drove us out to our climb site. The site he picked was perfectly suited to newbies. Garrett is a great coach and made our teen kids very comfortable. Highly supportive and encouraging. Everyone had a great time and our girls have already talked about doing it again.