“Fabulous selection of magazines! Fun independent bookshop.”
Review of Book Train

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Book Train
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 22 June 2017

We drove to Glenwood Springs early to have breakfast and browse before taking the Amtrak. This independent bookshop seems to carry every magazine still in print. I found a jewelry magazine I haven't been able to buy at my local bookstore. Wish I'd had more time to browse their other books, and if I knew how late my train would be, I'd have gone back to spend more time here. Whenever I travel, I try to spend a little money to support local independent bookstores. It was easy to find something I wanted right away.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

I loved this little bookstore. Besides a nice choice of books (small but good sci fi section), they have some great cards, a huge magazine selection, and some nice unique gifts. Really enjoyed browsing this place.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

Nice browsing, a lot of local-related books, we browsed for about 45 minutes. Lovely locally owned non-chain bookstore

Reviewed 15 June 2016

As great as eBooks are, sometimes you just have to marry a book--you know, to have and to hold, the real thing, the physical presence and that wonderful smell. And, sometimes, you need a book that you can haul around and make notes in. Or maybe it's a magazine, some esoteric subject or unusual publication. The Book Train probably has it among its bazillion magazines on hand. And, if they don't have it, likely they'll offer to find it for you. In addition, they have a terrific selection of books, cards, gifts, children's books, travel books, reference books and so many luscious novels. Answer the trivia question of the day and get a free Kiss (the chocolate kind!). Join their book club and get a deal. All good, all fun, now start reading!