“Great breakfast all day”

Sassafras American Eatery
Ranked #27 of 162 Restaurants in Golden
Price range: US$9 - US$16
Description: Full Service Breakfast and Lunch Restaurant. Specializing in from Scratch Southern cooking. We offer amazing Milkshakes, Mimosas and Bloody Mary's. Come on in and see us. Welcome Home!
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

We had a great breakfast at this restaurant. It was right across the street from the Golden Hotel but a bit more relaxing. The decor is funky and fun. There is an outside patio deck that they weren’t using that day but I would have loved to sit out back over the creek. The food was delicious and loved all the decor. Great service too! If I return to Golden I’ll dine here again.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

After a 40 minute wait on a Sunday we finally sat down but the food was sooo worth the wait. We started off with the honey satsuma mimosa (heavenly) complimented with the deviled eggs and the beignets...main course of French toast and fried green tomato eggs Benedict. We truly enjoyed the experience. The next day, no wait at all and the meal equally great, maple latte, biscuits and gravy and fried chicken and biscuits. I honestly believe this is a great breakfast or brunch place if you are in the Golden area

1  Thank Shawna L
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Had the country breakfast, and was not impressed. Breakfast sausage was extremely salty, almost inedible. Have had much better biscuits and potato casserole had an off flavor. Best part was the berry jam. Twice the price of a good breakfast at many other places I have visited. Five hours later my stomach is still unsettled..

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Wow, this place rocks!
The beignets were the best I have ever had, better than those I had in New Orleans.
All of our food and drink was top notch. The service was stellar too.

1  Thank simplemika
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Our after wedding/Easter brunch was delishious with wonderful service had by all!
To serve 10 without hesitation without rushing us even taking time to take a few pictures of our two families was an added bonus! Thank you Sassafras of Golden thank you!