“wonderful dinner experience....new chef”
Review of The Briarwood

The Briarwood
Ranked #43 of 163 Restaurants in Golden
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th and Hwy 58
Description: Colorado's finest private venue destination for weddings, corporate and social events and holiday celebrations.
Reviewed 15 July 2017

My husband surprised me for our anniversary last week and we went to The Briarwood for dinner. We had a wonderful experience all around. The service (Judith) was fantastic. She was amazing. Nice atmosphere. The food was absolutely wonderful. I had the spring pea ravioli appetizer. This is one of the best things I have ever eaten. My husband had their famous spinach salad which he also raved about. I then had trout, and he had rack of lamb. Both excellent...actually fantastic. Followed by a Crepe cake, made with layers of french crepes layered with Strawberry. Also amazing. We met the new chef, who came to the table. She's been here for a couple of months. We just loved everything. In the old days you would get the gigantic appetizer plate, now its something you order if you want and have choices. We didn't order it because its too much food for us. It is not cheap but we had a fantastic experience.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We couldn't believe how expensive and tasteless our meals were at the Briarwood Inn tonight. The food was cold and it took 7 min to get a salt and pepper shaker that would work so we could try to have flavor. Our Lobster was cold when it was served and the butter we requested was cold, too. Yuck! My husbands steak was supposed to be rare, but came overcooked and by the time he got some pepper to enhance the flavor, it was cold. Tiny portions and marginal tasting sauces made this very expensive meal a failure. This ruined our special occasion!

1  Thank FriendlyDiners
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

My sister-in-law wanted to take me somewhere impressive for tea while I was visiting from Florida. The place is beautiful, service was fine but the food was awful! The tea and wine were fine but that was all. The food was cold and stale. Tasted like it had been sitting in the kitchen for hours. We were both disappointed and feel we wasted $110.00 plus tip!! I would have preferred McDonalds!

Reviewed 17 April 2017

My wife and I have been to the Briarwood Inn on several occasions in the past, and it had been very good. On Easter Sunday it was anything but that. It took quite a while to get our food, the service was very much sub par for a $42 brunch, and the food itself was average at best. Big disappointment. This will be the last time we ever go to the Briarwood!

1  Thank BillHead
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Our family has been going to the Briarwood Inn for 25 years and this is the first time I've had a one star experience there. We've had celebration lunches and dinners there, annual Christmas teas and fundraising events with friends and always considered the food and service reliable, until now. We made reservations for our family of 5 for Easter Brunch and, for a crowded holiday meal, we are accustomed to waiting 15-20 minutes beyond our reservation--which happened again today. We also requested to be seated in a specific room when we made the reservation, which wasn't honored, but that was fine too, since we were making allowances for the staff during a busy period. We ordered right away, but we waited 1 hour and 15 minutes for our food to arrive. When it did arrive, 2 out of 4 of the prime ribs ordered were blood rare (ordered medium) and all 4 eggs benedict were cold, dry & stale--you could tell right away they'd been sitting for quite some time. We waited for our waitress to return after our food was delivered to ask us if everything was fine, so we could tell her our meals were close to inedible, but she didn't come back. After waiting 15 minutes, my son got up to find her & then she took the 2 plates away to have the kitchen reheat the prime rib. We ate the home fried potatoes and the pastry, the only well prepared part of the meal. We are polite & not a demanding group and the Briarwood staff should have immediately realized they blew it and apologized, but they carried on as if this was a normal level of service. We paid the $400 check, including tip, and left feeling very disappointed on what should have been a happy family holiday get together. Needless to say, we will not be back. This brunch was a terrible experience from start to finish.

3  Thank gsr12017

Been to The Briarwood? Share your experiences!